Last week I took Brooke to get her very first hair cut. Her mullet was just out of control. She hates bows and clips and was generally looking like an orphan even though I tried to tame her scraggly hair. My friend Ashley did a great job and Brooke didn't shed a single tear. (Different story for Ty.)

Ty got his hair buzzed too but I didn't punish him with pictures. The vibrations of the clippers and the hair on his neck send him into sensory overload. But he has quite the handsome hair!

After the haircuts, Brooke got to stay and play at Ashley's house while I took Ty to another doctor's appointment. She didn't have any fun at all.

Ty has been getting a lot of face time on the blog this summer, but Brooke has not been forgotten! She is such a fun little girl. She loves her dolls and stuffed animals and will carry as many as she can possibly hold as she travels throughout the house to play. Here she is carting 3 babies, and one of her bears up the stairs after a tea party.

We recently bought a table and chair set for my preschool and Brooke has been utilizing it several times a day for tea parties. Friday afternoon I decided to check on her and realized she was feeding all of her guests syrup! My preschool room is in the basement right next to our food storage closet and she found some fast food sized syrup containers and managed to get one open. She was being so polite making sure each guest got a taste, then treated herself. Luckily the carton wasn't very large. She managed to dump a small puddle on the carpet and the babies and bears had sticky mouths, but she was quite pleased with her hostessing skills. I couldn't even get mad at her because she was so matter of fact about the situation.

Trent may have picked the hottest Saturday morning of the summer to start our next family project. He rented a tiller and worked the land for a few hours. We're so excited to plant our fall garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment