Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Little Learners

I decided to put my basement to good use and started a preschool this fall. I have the littlest of learners, 2-3 year olds. They are a lot of fun and they are helping Brooke improve her social skills. When you have a rough and tumble older brother as your constant example, it's hard not to pattern yourself after what you see every day. Not to say that Ty doesn't have his sweet moments, but he still has difficulty keeping his moods on an even keel.
She is not as old as the other kids, but she is learning to share and play cooperatively. It's still hard for her to watch other kids play with "her" toys. Last week she got frustrated, whipped out her pointer finger and counted "2, 3" and tried to put one of the other girls in time out.

Each child has such a fun personality. All of them are such great kids.
It sure is fun to teach again!

3 comments:

Auburn said...

I'm sure you are a great teacher and those little kiddos love you!

Nancy Pitney said...

That's so cool that you have a basement to do a preschool in (so all the mess can stay down there!) What fun! I'm impressed you started teaching again so soon--you were always so ambitious!

Kari said...

Breezy loves preschool! Thanks so much for all you do!