Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sneaky

I go through Ty's back pack every day when he gets home from school. The last few days I have discovered random items that he is sneaking into his back pack in the morning. One day it was spider man, the next day his dragon. Yesterday I caught him looking rather mischievous in the front yard as he hunched over his back pack with beady eyes and shoved a stick inside.

Today as I was making his bed I thought his pillow looked extra lumpy. Underneath it was a stash of other toys and favorite objects he apparently did not want touched by any other family members. I'm not sure how he comfortably sleeps on that pillow with an airplane, Buzz Lightyear, and a few cars underneath, but he does.

Are these symptoms of the early stages of hoarding?

Maybe I just need to lay off watching the show Hoarders.

In the meantime, I'm checking his back pack in the mornings too. Seconds before the bus pulls up I make a sweep. I'm a little sneakier than he is - he hasn't caught me removing anything. Yet.

4 comments:

autumn said...

lol i asked chloe where one of her toys was the other day and she went under the couch cushion to pull it out of a whole stash of stuff. hopefully it's just a stage?

Nancy Pitney said...

LOVE IT! Check my blog later for how my little one was sneaky yesterday!

mad white woman said...

Kids are funny. I think they just like their stuff. They love to take it everywhere.

I've been really wanting to get into Fall too, but come on, when it's still too hot to play outside, it's a little difficult.

d.jo said...

I wonder what his teacher thinks when he throws a fit because he can't find his superhero in his backpack after YOU sneak it out! Can't you see that you're messing up his groove?! : )