Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Fall Favorites

Oh, how I wish we saw more of this scene in the valley.

I'm in the mood for fall. I'm ready to plan fall activities, meals, trips, etc..., but I'm in a slump. I need some inspiration.

What are some of your fall favorites?

I'm looking for anything - recipes, day trips, crafts with kids, crafts without kids, family friendly field trips and date ideas. My calendar is beckoning me to fill it in, and my type A personality has a pencil ready to make a check list.

Let the planning commence!

4 comments:

Nash said...

i SO cannot wait for FALL. i need cooler weather NOW! i want to make some things. i have seen some super easy and adorable pumpkins and other decor. maybe we should do that. oh and SOUP that sounds yummy.

LucyH said...

I get all of my ideas from you! so let's see that list when it is ready!

Alison said...

We do this each year:
Trace their hands and arms all the way up to the elbows, side by side on a piece of 11 x 17 paper in brown marker. Don't forget to have them spread out their fingers wide. Go on a nature walk, collecting as many types of leaves as you can. Glue them on the arm "trunk" to make your very own fall tree.

We also make roasted pumpkin seeds. I let the kids scrape the seeds out, wash them, pick out the stringy stuff, season them, and then we roast them. Miles LOVES this.

d.jo said...

I have a recipe for delicious home-made ginger snaps, and also this pumpkin dip stuff for sliced apples--I've been craving it since the last Fall/Thanksgiving/Christmas season. It's about time again to indulge. : ) Email me if you think those are recipes that will help you savor your Fall mood.