We are supposed to be at Big Lake for our annual camping trip right now. But since runny noses and camping don't mix for us, we had to stay home. Last year we even indulged in a pop up trailer to keep us toasty warm at night and our kids still got sick enough that we had to pack up a day early. Trent, who can put up with anything, said it just wasn't worth it to take sick kids camping. We tried to improvise by setting up camp in our backyard. The kids had a grand time playing in the tent, roasting marshmallows, and hanging out with mom and dad. But sure enough, right when we were trying to settle in for the night, Ty started coughing, gagging, and then tossing his cookies...er marshmallows. So we walked 10 steps to the back door, cleaned up, and tucked everyone into their own beds. Can't say we didn't try.



Better luck next year!
7 comments:
Well, I'm glad you didn't have to do the vomit-and-run from the camping trip. We've done that. I'm also glad to see the half naked baby at your camping trip. That's standard on ours. :)
You guys are awesome for attempting it at home! Sorry he wasn't feeling well.
Bummer!
Sheesh. I'm glad you decided to stay home after all. Smart campers!
Currently, I'm listening to Raelyn tossing her cookies. Go figure.
They are getting so big, so fast! Camping is camping as far as I am concerned. In the backyard or in a campground. So - glad you were still able to have some fun!
i was wondering if you were still going this year since you had sick kids---great parents to still put all that effort into it!! missed seeing you Thurs- we need to have a playdate when you are all better:)!!
Oh darn, but at least you didn't go.
Post a Comment