Thursday, May 13, 2010

There's more than one way to play the piano

One of Ty's favorite past times these days.

Trent put epoxy down in the garage. I didn't want to spend the money on it but now I love it!

I'm starting to plan our summer schedule of events. My friend is planning a "Wild West" series of activities and day trips for her family but her kids are a little older than mine. I like the idea of a thematic summer and I think we may do something along the lines of "Life's a Beach" and study the ocean, fish, etc... I've just about talked Trent into a trip to Sea World as the end of summer culmination trip.

Besides our home activities, I am preparing to fork out an obscene amount of money for therapy substitutions since we didn't qualify for long term care. I know how important these activities are for Ty so I feel justified. He will be going to swim lessons, tumbling (in place of occupational therapy) and hopefully he will attend a music camp one morning a week put on by one of our old therapists.

Brooke is too restless to go to the summer movie series this year, but we'll try to catch a few of our favorite flicks. Besides splash parks and trips to the library, does anyone else have some boredom busters up their sleeve?

And if you have any good recommendations for beach/aquatic life/ocean books and activities, send them my way!

4 comments:

Alison said...

Yeah, go to the beach! It's what we do. :) You can always adopt a goldfish. We did a national history theme last year and visited several "oldy moldy" places, ending with our trip to Philly. The kids loved it and I learned more about Benjamin Franklin than I ever cared to know!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

A new aquarium is opening tomorrow at the Arizona Mills Mall called Sea Life. Here's the link http://www.sealifeus.com/phoenix/phoenix-home. We're planning on taking the kids there this summer.

Nancy Pitney said...

Hey! We never got around to planning some lessons with Ty--I don't know if you still want to try to do something. I know Jel has some openings from cancellations, so maybe you can put him in a class with her? The pool is definitely warm enough now, but lately it's been kind of cool outside, which can make it difficult. Let me know what you want to do. What a cute idea to have a thematic summer!

LucyH said...

I love that idea of a themed summer.