Today Ty had his first session of occupational therapy. This therapist will work on Ty's fine motor skills (holding a crayon, cutting, etc...) as well as sensory issues. Ty often crashes into things,gives really fierce hugs or over stuffs his mouth while eating. He does things to the extreme because his body doesn't recognize the sensation as easily as most of us and he needs more input to register what is happening. This explains why I have always thought he had a really high pain tolerance. We're so excited to have this therapist, just disappointed the state wouldn't approve Ty for this therapy sooner. The clock is ticking and once Ty turns 3 we lose all of our therapists. Once that happens we will only have the schools as a resource unless we pay for private services out of pocket. So here's to making the most out of the next 3 months!





2 comments:
I wish you the best. Whenever I read your blog I wish I knew you better, weird connection I guess. haha. I also wish I still lived in Mesa because nothing would give me more joy than helping you work with Ty on those skills. Such a cute little boy.
Hey! I'm Trent's cousin Heather. I stumbled upon your blog and read about Ty. I have worked in the Behavioral Health field and have helped many kids that have the same sensory issues that he is dealing with. Have you looked at Fiesta Paediatrics for further therapy once he passed the age of 3? They should take your insurance.
http://www.fiestapediatrictherapy.com/
Post a Comment