Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Christmas Eve Nativity

We always gather with my family Christmas Eve to enjoy a feast made by my mother, to listen to the Christmas story in Luke 2 - read by my father, and to exchange gifts with one another. This year my mom made nativity costumes for the kids to wear. I failed to get pictures of all the characters, but here are a few fun ones. My nieces wondered aloud if Brooke would permit them to swaddle her so she could be baby Jesus. I overheard them and told them it was highly unlikely she would cooperate.
Mary (played by Savannah) with a hesitant baby Jesus (briefly played by Brooke)

A very willing Ty offered to play the role of baby Jesus. He even fake snored while in the manger. He did not care for his shepherd costume.

This baby was the most cooperative.

Ty helping Grandpa read the end of the story while taking care of some personal hygiene.

3 comments:

Alison said...

Personal hygiene cannot be ignored.

Jamie said...

What a wonderful thing to live so close to Grandparents and family. I wish I did.

Kara said...

I love that he fake snored and multi-tasked during scripture reading. I like to clip my toenails.