Halloween truly is not one of my favorite holidays, but having kids has made it much more fun. We had a fun month of spooky activities (mostly just ghost, spider, and pumpkin coloring pages; with some baking, outings and movies thrown in, but fun nonetheless). This Halloween was the first that Ty participated in the pagan festivities.
At our neighborhood block party Trent was helping with the football toss booth. Ty liked helping daddy more than he liked waiting in line to play games at the other booths. He would gladly collect the footballs after each kid attempted to make it through the cardboard holes and giggled nearly every time someone threw the ball.
Ty borrowed Trent's home made ASU hat on the walk home from the block party.
Brooke skipped her afternoon nap for the party and I could not get her to smile for me. But she did allow the young women to paint her face and gladly licked ice cream off of her daddy's spoon while we were at the party. I only wish this picture showed the cute tennis shoes that completed her cheer leading uniform. So cute.Trent, the coach, Ty, the star player, Brooke, cutest cheer leader,
Mom (not pictured) the overpaid coach's hot wife minus lypo and botox.
Mom (not pictured) the overpaid coach's hot wife minus lypo and botox.
After our block party we headed to my friend Sonja's house in Higley for trick or treating and a party in her driveway. I really wish I had brought my camera along for this part of the night. I planned on letting Ty visit the homes on either side of Sonja's house, but we decided to join her kids for a few streets. I told her I felt like we were in a movie scene because her neighborhood was so involved in the holiday. Lots of fun light displays, friendly neighbors and more candy than any child needed. Ty got the hang of trick or treating pretty quickly. He would hold open his bag and say "Twi Teet" and remembered to say "kank oo" (thank you) with a little prompting. At the homes where they allowed children to reach in to retrieve treats on their own, Ty had a healthy grasp and palmed as many candies as his fingers allowed. It was much more fun to watch than I anticipated. We also got several comments (and extra candy?) because of the kids' ASU apparel, as well as condolences for their loss today. At one point, a father who was on the same route walking at the same pace asked me if I lived in the area, noting that he didn't recognize me. I sheepishly admitted that we chose to trick or treat with our resident friend because the neighborhood was much more alluring than our own. He laughed kindly and agreed it was a lovely, family friendly neighborhood.
We spent the next hour enjoying chili, snacks and friendly conversation with our hosts and their friends. Ty threw a tantrum when we left because he was having such a good time. It really was the most fun Halloween we've had yet.
Finders Keepers.







2 comments:
Lypo and botox are way overrated.
Finders Keepers! Ha! That's awesome. I don't even remember what I was going to say after I read that!
Post a Comment