Friday, October 30, 2009

Guilt Free

This morning Ty's speech therapist called to cancel his session due to illness. I was secretly elated. We love therapy and preschool but I cannot believe how busy life has become running him around to his activities. And he's 2. I can only imagine what it will be like when we have 3 or 4 kids who are all involved in something. On top of that I put way too much pressure on myself to structure our days with lots of learning, playing and proper eating. Not today.

We are relishing our morning at home with no place to go. We are still in our pajamas with no current plans to get dressed. We might have eaten pumpkin cake for breakfast. And now we're enjoying popcorn while the cartoons play their Halloween themed episodes all morning.



The only thing I can promise is that they will change into fresh pj's before bed tonight. Probably.

5 comments:

The Toenjes Family said...

That is my favorite kind of day!

Jamie said...

This makes me happy. So looks like mornings/days at our house sometimes. It's good to be home. :)

Beka said...

they are so sweet ---its so cute how much they look alike- i think! It was so good to go out tonite- we need to do it more often!!

mad white woman said...

I need days like that every so often. I just need to stop and RELAX. In fact, I'm pretty sure one morning this week we had pumpkin cookies for breakfast. Why not? Of course as I was eating it I was telling myself how it was actually healthier than pancakes because it had pumpkin in it.

I was definitely thinking of a cookie party a few days ago... and then I remembered last year. But then I remembered it's been a year, so our children are so much more mature and I'm so much more organized. :)

The Arizona Blake Family said...

sounds like my kind of day! :)