Ms. B is 6 months old!
I haven't taken her in for a check up yet, but she weighs around 18 pounds and is barely squeezing into 6 month clothes. Her hair is growing back in, but not blond! It looks light brown to me and I'm hoping to find some red tints in it soon. She's sleeping until 6 most mornings, which is fantastic for her. Her favorite food is green beans, just like her brother. She grimaces when I break out the carrots, but manages to swallow. We still have to feed her gentle formula but hope that she'll outgrow the remainder of her belly issues soon.
We just moved her upstairs to her own room this week. In the process, we did some major cleaning and moved some furniture around and got rid of things that are not absolutely necessary. It's nice to have our room back with no pack 'n play. After a trip to storage and another to DI, I think we can survive our small space for another year or so.
This little guy just keep wowing us. This week he's gotten really good at saying yes, go, push, pull and help. He loves to rub Brooke's head (she's not so fond of this) and giggles like Dr. Evil when he does so. He's gets very concerned when Brooke cries and looks at me as if to say, "well, do something!". He has also finally started to eat chicken. He lives for the outdoors and evenings when daddy is home.
One of my favorite Ty-isms is that whenever I'm rocking Brooke to comfort her he says "shh" with his finger held to his mouth. If I start singing I Am a Child of God to her, he wants to sit in my lap and rock with us. I think he remembers me singing it to him when he was a baby too. I love it.
We're off to the White Mountains this weekend. Cool weather, fishing, games, and dutch oven cooking sound great! Chasing Ty in the woods....not so much. Wish me luck!





4 comments:
Oh my goodness! Miss Brooke & Mr Ty are so cute and growing SO fast. I love your post and the pictures. It's almost, and I mean almost, as good as being there.
Well your last post was truly my favorite, but this one is so cute, seeing Brooke and that big smile, they are such beautiful kids. Have fun this weekend and good luck!
That is the cutest pic of Brooke! Hey if you want to borrow any of the camping stuff we talked about let me know and I can see about getting it to you. If not have a great time and remember it is okay to ask for help!
Beautiful kids! I thought Brooke's hair looked red--I'm sure it'll happen! :-)
Post a Comment