Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend

I love Easter Sunday! Everything about it - from the music, the reminder of our Savior's love for us, the extra preparation people put into dressing their best, and the focus on the atonement. I also love the family fun that goes with the holiday. Here is our weekend in pictures.

The ladies after church.
(We have early morning church and rarely fit in a photo shoot beforehand.)

I must admit that I've been looking forward to the day I could buy a special Easter dress for a daughter of my own. I remember my mother buying me a special new Easter dress every year and it is one of my fondest memories. I just love this dress I found for Brooke. The picture doesn't do it justice.

The men of the family. What a handsome duo, goofy grins and all!
I was surprised how little Trent chastised me for putting Ty in a pink shirt.

The best shot of several attempts at a sibling picture.

The Easter booty.
Three baskets? Yep. Trent still gets one.
One day he'll be too old, but not anytime soon.

Scary picture, isn't it?
The Easter Bunny brought me a headlamp so I can read as late as I want to without disturbing Trent. Clever little bunny. Almost as surprising as the bowling ball.

Pillaging

Playing

On Friday our ward had an Easter Egg Hunt. It was so much fun, even though Ty had his own agenda. Here are a few highlights.

Brooke snoozing on Aunt Nichol's lap

Ty finding an egg for his basket
(with coaxing from cousin Savannah)

Joining in the egg relay...about 10 minutes after it was over. Typical.

We are thankful that Grandpa Blake made a trip down to see us, that we were able to spend the afternoon with some of our family, and that we could have Trent all to ourselves for a day. But mostly, we are thankful to know that our Savior knows each one of us and has the power to heal our hearts...if we let him. Happy Easter to all!

4 comments:

or mom said...

I love Easter, too, not only for the reason for celebration but for the memories of my childhood.
Pink shirt... I missed that one! Cute pictures! Headlamp, clever Trent.

Nikki said...

Very cute pics, I didn't take hardly any of my kids in there church attire, I feel the same about getting pics before church, too hard. I actually tried to take a couple of Karsyn as we were walking to our car, they didn't turn out to well.

About the banner, SURE. I actually got the idea from makeitorloveit on my side bar. Although hers were quite different. If you wanna borrow it to look at you can.

Alison said...

Never too manly for pink!

mad white woman said...

That dress is darling.

If I would have written this, mine would have said, "we have church at 2:30pm and rarely fit in a photo shoot before..." :)