We have been preparing for summer in other ways too. Brooke has the cutest little baby bikini that my friend Anna bought for her (I'll post pictures soon), but I know her fair Blake skin will require a little more protection. I couldn't find long sleeve rash guards anywhere besides Target so this was the winning swimming suit. I went ahead and bought the larger size because she has been packing on the pounds lately, which I love - makes for a happier, sleepier baby.
Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Gearing Up for Summer
I caved. I turned on the AC yesterday. I was trying to be tough, but when the thermostat read 84 I couldn't resist. It was a lovely spring while it lasted (minus the 2 month stretch of ear infections and viruses).
We have been preparing for summer in other ways too. Brooke has the cutest little baby bikini that my friend Anna bought for her (I'll post pictures soon), but I know her fair Blake skin will require a little more protection. I couldn't find long sleeve rash guards anywhere besides Target so this was the winning swimming suit. I went ahead and bought the larger size because she has been packing on the pounds lately, which I love - makes for a happier, sleepier baby.
We had to get a new life jacket for Ty since he has already outgrown his old one. We are heading to Big Lake in the White Mountains next month and Ty will get to go fishing for the first time. In July, we are heading to Idaho for my mom's family reunion at Bear Lake. I hope Ty will enjoy the beach and his first ride on a speedboat. Now all we need are his specially fitted earplugs to protect his tubes. Oh, and we'll need sunscreen. Lots and lots of sunscreen. My poor little Blake babies just don't tan.
Last Saturday we went to Freestone Park to help cousin Ezra celebrate his 6th birthday. I was delighted that Ty enjoyed the tiny amusement park. Last time I took him to McCormick Park he fought me on the train and the carousel. This time he fought me when I told him we were finished.
Cousin Aubree and Brooke
I thought he would panic after Trent belted him in and walked away. But he loved this ride! When it was over, the kid manning the ride tried to help him get off and Ty refused. Trent had to go back in to retrieve him. Perhaps it's time for a trip to Disneyland?
Ezra the birthday boy, in brown stripes, and his entourage.
We have been preparing for summer in other ways too. Brooke has the cutest little baby bikini that my friend Anna bought for her (I'll post pictures soon), but I know her fair Blake skin will require a little more protection. I couldn't find long sleeve rash guards anywhere besides Target so this was the winning swimming suit. I went ahead and bought the larger size because she has been packing on the pounds lately, which I love - makes for a happier, sleepier baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





9 comments:
K- Brooke is just one of the cutest little round faced babies ever! I love that purple top:) Freestone park looks like alot of fun, we need to make a playdate out there!
If it makes you feel any better we have had the a/c on since Sunday!
When our house got to 88 degrees, I gave in to my AC too.
It's a darn shame it's been on ever since. Oh well, I hear it's supposed to cool off just a smidge over the weekend.
you are stronger than i am. i caved when the a/c read 81 degrees...and when jacob woke up being too hot and guzzling his water! disneyland? pshaw! keep the expectations low as long as you can!!!
I love her shape but let's hope it changes before she's 20. :)
Thanks so much for your suggestion. I totally found one off the secretstitchclub and am working on it already. It is so cute and I think I will give it to my mom for mother's day. Thanks again!
One of the only redeeming things about summer in AZ are babies in swimming suits. Soon we'll be able to hit the splash park!
I wish we had a little more of that AZ sunshine up here, apparently there was while I was away in Virginia. LAME :) Miss you!
I love Bear Lake. We were there last year all big & prego and it was fantastic.
You have to go to Disneyland on one of your birthdays while your kids are free - that way you only have to buy one ticket (cheap!!) Oh he will revel in Disneyland.
Post a Comment