Trent and I went to the Easter Pageant tonight. He had never seen it and I hadn't been in years. We found some decent seats on an aisle and enjoyed the pageant participants as they roamed the grounds welcoming the public. Just minutes before the program began, a cast member who couldn't have been older than 6 or 7 made eye contact with me on his walk up to the stage. His already smiling eyes were joined by a grin as he said, "Thanks for coming tonight. I hope you feel the spirit!" And I did. Though both Trent and I chuckled at his buoyant greeting, I wanted to find his mother and tell her how sweet her little boy is. Usually my heartstrings aren't pulled until Mary sings her lullaby, but this little boy opened my heart before the opening prayer was even offered.
I watched intently and welcomed the peace that ensued. Even Trent leaned over after the Savior blessed the little children and claimed he must be getting old and weak because his eyes kept getting misty. I repeatedly wiped away stray tears throughout the presentation and smiled as the narrator bore testimony that our Savior lives today. I too know that He lives.
Between the spiritual feast from conference last weekend and the unexpected refuge from the world that I felt tonight, I feel refocused and refined. It's a lovely feeling.
Happy Easter!
Tuesday, April 07, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
I miss the Easter pageant! Thanks for sharing your experience. I cried just reading about it. :)
We went last night and it was so nice. I decided I'm getting old too because it was the first time I ever got teary eyed at the pageant.
Post a Comment