Friday, May 30, 2008

Tag and then some...

So it's late Friday night and here I am blog surfing while Trent plays video games. Tonight was date night with the Pickett's. We had an upscale dinner at Chick-Fil-A (though I made Trent drive through Arby's to get my dinner). We went there so the boys could play. My sweet mom came over after dinner to watch Ty so we could go play games for the evening. We played a fierce game of cards and Ticket to Ride, followed by Danny's infamous chocolate milkshakes. We used to do this at least once a week, but Ty won't fall asleep anywhere but home anymore.

Trent got a package from the Core Institute today, where he will be spending his last two rotations. They sent a pretty thick packet with rules, regulations and requirements he must meet while he is there. They claim to hire only the best orthopedic surgeons and are very meticulous about how they train students. They also told him to expect to work 50 hours a week. Orthopedic surgery is the field he thinks he wants to work in, so this will be a great opportunity to learn from a reputable practice. However, I've been so spoiled the last few months by having him home between 2 and 4pm every day, that this schedule will be an adjustment. I guess I'll just have to enjoy having him home this next week as much as possible! Mostly it makes me sad that Ty won't see as much of him. Ty worships his daddy and often prefers him to me. (I'd be jealous if it wasn't so darn cute!)

This week I was released from one of my callings, Sunday school teacher. Our third year of seniors graduated from high school last week, so I guess I've put in my time. Trent and I are brainstorming some ideas for our ward party this summer. If you have had any super fun summer parties in your ward, let me know what you did!

Finally, I was tagged to complete this little diddy:

A- Attached or Single: Attached
B- Best friend: longest BFF - Wendy, ward BFF - Beka, and of course, my sister, Nichol
C- Cake or Pie: definitely pie - pumpkin, banana cream, coconut cream, pecan, apple, peach...now I'm craving some
D- Day of choice: Saturdays and Sundays, family time
E- Essential item: it's a tie between my chapstick and the Tide stick that I use almost daily
F- Favorite Color: Red
G- Gummy bears or worms: neither
H- Hometown: born in Pocatello, ID, but I consider Mesa my hometown
I- Indulgence: ice cream
J- January or July: July - my birth month and fireworks!
K- Kids: Ty- 14 months, baby #2- on the way
L- Life is incomplete without: family
M- Marriage Date: Oct 13th
N- Number of siblings: 3
O- Oranges or Apples: usually oranges, but apples with this pregnancy
P- Phobias or fears: losing a child
Q- Quotes: Sorry, it's a long one, but my favorite...

‘Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we to be brilliant, beautiful, talented, and fabulous. But honestly, who are you to not be so?

You are a child of God, small games do not work in this world. For those around us to feel peace, it is not example to make ourselves small. We were born to express the glory of god that lives in us. It is not in some of us, it is in all of us. While we allow our light to shine, we unconsciously give permission for others to do the same. When we liberate ourselves from our own fears, simply our presence may liberate others.’

R- Reason to smile: listening to Ty carry on a conversation in gibberish
S- Season of choice: Spring
T- Tag 3 times: Valerie, Autumn, and Sarah
U- Unknown fact about me: I played in a bell choir when I was younger
V- Very favorite store: that I can afford: Target, that I love: Pottery Barn
W- Worst habit: Procrastinating getting out of bed in the morning
X- X-ray or Ultrasound: Ultra sound, I guess
Y- Your favorite food: usually chimichangas, lately, grilled cheese sandwiches
Z- Zodiac Sign: Cancer

6 comments:

Beka said...

GOOD ANSWERS!:):)thanks for hanging out with us again...its been way too long! those darn children always get in the way ya know??:)

Jamie said...

So I was playing catch up on your blog. I have been a bad blogger lately. I'm jealous you went camping, so fun. Also, where did you order your bike from? I'm wanting one for my bday too and having a hard time finding one I like. :)

KAT said...

Yea for getting out for some adult time! That does seem to get rarer and rarer.

Pace & Gwen said...

Good post - fun to read your responses. I love that Ty loves his Dad so much. Pace was gone for 3 days on a scouting trip and Syd didn't say one word about it... Kind of sad - and he's a GREAT Dad! She is just a Momma's girl for now...

Christie said...

Fun to read! Good luck to Trent...I hope all goes well. I noticed on your ticker that he has less than 3 months. Whoo hoo!

The Taylors said...

Oooo, I love that quote too! Looks like you've been having a fun summer so far. You are very brave to go camping with your munchkin - I would be exhausted too!