Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Preparing for the big camping trip!

Next weekend we are going on our annual Big Lake camping trip with the Jones family. We missed last year because Ty was so young, and Trent has only recently forgiven me for missing it. The last few days he has been working earnestly on our newest camping gear, the portable toilet. According to Trent, this will allow one a leisurely stroll into a secluded area to enjoy nature at it's finest while taking care of business quite comfortably. Here is a picture of the early stages of the project, with Ty anxious to help his daddy.
I enjoyed a wonderful Mothers Day! Ty made me a card (with Claire's assistance) and Trent made my favorite breakfast, french toast.
Much to my surprise, I also scored one of these, which will also count as my birthday and Christmas present this year. We haven't picked it up yet (out of stock), but I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I'm so thankful not only to be a mother, but for all the women in my life who were good examples of strong and righteous women. My mom taught me how to be independent and how to nurture. My sister is an awesome mother as well, and I learn so much from her.

I'm also thankful for Trent's mom and mother figures who kept him in line when he had plenty of opportunities to make poor choices. Just to name a few, thank you Sharon, Mama Nina, and Sister Smith(s) - yes, both of you.

I know I'm a little late, but I hope you all had a great mother's day and celebrated the beauty of an eternal families!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

That potty has me speechless.
-Al

LucyH said...

Clever. And that is so Trent to do that. Have fun!

Jennie said...

He is so clever with the potty chair!

Sweet bike! I hope you get it soon to enjoy this beautiful weather!

Nash said...

That chair is hilarious. I just have ONE ?. Is there going to be a bag or something to catch the stuff, otherwise it's a long fall and could be dirty? Avery had to use a J-john and she took one look, turned and walked far away from it while crying. They are so gross. We were talking about camping, but I am married to a city boy.

Jill Manning said...

Do you think he would want to make another one of those seats for us? I think I would camping more often if I had that with us...we would pay him! And that bike rocks, if we move back to the valley we can take our beach cruisers out together and totally rock the town!

Sarah Williams said...

I love beach cruisers. my 7 year old has one but I can't justify another bike. you think they'd be cheap. but they are ridiculously priced! thats why its bday and moms day huh! oooo your turning 30 soon huh! blog about your 1/3 life crisis soon, if you have one.

Nina Jones said...

Excited to see you have your own potty now Trent!!! Everyone is so excited for next weekend... I will call you when we know where we will be camping, we are hoping to be in the place you last came but up front... I will keep you posted.... Can't wait to see you!!!

Rachel said...

I understand the flack you're getting for not going last year. I'm sorry to say that our family wont be going this year because my baby brother is getting married. You'd think a wedding would easily trump Big Lake but Corey is still super sad about it!

Nate and Amy Sorensen said...

Hey there old friends! Congrats on being pregnant again, Hurray! Nate and I have finally entered the blogging world. If you want to see what the Sorensens are up to, come check us out at: thesorensencircus.blogspot.com
Come see us in Flagstaff sometime!
-Amy

The Taylors said...

Love the bike! I actually got a beach cruiser for Christmas and I love it! We put a baby seat on back and Lilly and I go out and ride it at least 3 times a week. She loves it too - whenever we come home, she cries because she wants to stay out longer. Enjoy!