Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Campers

After a crazy start to the holiday weekend, we finally went camping. We were supposed to head up to Big Lake for a long weekend of relaxation, but the strange weather brought snow to Greer and we thought we might have to cancel. Luckily, the Jones' moved camp sites to Roosevelt, so we left a day later than planned and joined the fun. It wasn't quite as picturesque as Big Lake, but Trent finally got his camping fix! The only disappointment for Trent was that he didn't get to fish very much. He was prepared for trout fishing, and at Roosevelt, the selection is bass. Sorry honey, maybe next time.

Ty had a great time. With wide open spaces, I had my hands full. The ant hills and cacti were abundant so I got a work out chasing after him. He was in heaven with other kids to play with and at least 4 lab dogs to chase around.

His first quad ride with Grandpa Dan. Don't worry, they went about 2 mph.

More quad rides with daddy.

Give the boy a ball and he'll stay content for quite a while.

I know, it's pink. But another great distraction.

There were a lot of mad card games over the weekend. This particular game of PIT was nearly volatile, with one player being pushed off the bench.

Our humble abode. One day we'll join the pop up trailer community.

One very tired mama.

Though it was definitely worth the trip, we came home exhausted. Camping with a 14 month old is not necessarily my version of relaxation. If we go again this summer, I think we'll leave him behind with grandma. He loved it, but didn't nap or sleep well and was very curious about everything. Regardless, the company was fantastic, the food was delish, and we'll be back at it again next year...hopefully at Big Lake.

Since we've been home, I've started summer school and Trent is currently Mr. Mom. He has a two week break from school, his last school vacation ever! My mom bought a family pass to Carson pool, so we went for our first summer swim yesterday. Ty could have stayed for hours if we would have let him.

5 comments:

mad white woman said...

Moving to Roosevelt was obviously a grand idea! Looks like you had fun. BTW Jason went fishing three different places for a total of several hours and never caught anything (no one was catching anything anywhere), so Trent can't be too jealous. :)

Unknown said...

Looks like tons of fun. THose pics made me miss AZ.
-al

Nina Jones said...

Sure glad you all came to the lake sorry it was NOT Big Lake as I told you Cassi wants to get over before heading to SUU to school... WE will make sure you are included when we head again... Ty was fun typical baby hang in there with him it will get better... Love you...

Ali said...

K so I don't know if you remember me but you used to be my couch for JV Pom at Mesa High. If this is who I think it is, my name is Ali Rogers (well it was then).

Christie said...

Oh how I know how NOT relaxing it is to camp with toddlers, especially with cactus everywhere. But it looks like you guys had a great time and made the best out of changing locations. Now you deserve a real vacation. :)