Monday, May 05, 2008

Recent events

Pardon the cheesy picture, but I had to show off my newest apron. My fellow apronistas held an apron swap last month and I was the recipient of this vintage apron, with the added bonus of some matching pot holders. My friend Maren, who put the swap together, had participants from Mesa, Yuma, Utah and Cali. Molly, Maren's mother, drew my name and I felt a little spoiled knowing how talented she is.
She went the extra mile with the needlework. I love the vintage look and the bright colors.

The bottom reads, "Take time to smell the daisies." So cute!

The weekend I was supposed to create my masterpiece for Abbey, I was my sickest. So I cheated and ordered her apron off of Etsy. I made sure it was worthy, Amy Butler fabric is always a good choice. I still want to make one for her on my own, I'll post it when I finish.

And don't forget,

Meanwhile, it's ward softball season. Trent lives for Wednesday nights right now. He is currently the pitcher. Not sure how that happened, but he does pretty good!

Ty's current motto.

Going to Trent's games have been more like a workout since I have to follow Ty's every move. I've caught him with a mouthful of dirt and rocks on several occasions, and am certain he has swallowed more than is healthy. He is 100% boy! Here he is watching his daddy at bat. Thanks for the cute picture, Christie.

9 comments:

The Parkers said...

Oh, hey, Tate's 90% dirt by now. No worries.

Sarah Williams said...

i gained 65 pds w/ my first. after that down to 30 pds a kid. no breaks when you have to chase a toddler around. love the aprons. i'm gonna go to the domestic bliss- blissful living thing on the 9th. they teach you how to make cool stuff. hopefully all the supplies won't just sit in the garage like all my enrichment projects.

Jennie said...

That's hilarious about the rocks/dirt! How cute!

Sorry you've been feeling yucky! Cute apron though!

Kari said...

I love the "I eat dirt" motto. Yes, boys are just plain dirty! You are looking so cute. Hope you are feeling okay these days. Call or email me if you are feeling up to getting together. I'd still love to anytime!

Nina Jones said...

WOW Rach I hope you get to feeling better soon.... I am sorry are still NOT well yet.... That girl must sure giving you her look on life right now... Girls do that just for the record I was only sick with Cassi........... You look wonderful though....Trent as a pitcher I can see it now...You must let him know that Cassi has hit 9 homeruns this year......

Nash said...

I love the aprons. I don't even own one, sad huh? My MIL collects them. I have to show you a blog where the mom posted what her kid put in his mouth and the comments that followed. They range from a dead bird, to a dead mouse. DISGUSTING! Ok I did get your message. I'm sorry I will call you when I'm having a more upbeat day. I don't want to be BORING!

Val and Wendy Shumway said...

Cute aprons!! You will have to teach me how to make one some day. Or just where to buy one - because let's be honest, I don't know how to sew. BTW- We are moving back to Blanding in a few weeks! The details are on our blog. I'll call you later to chat!

Pace & Gwen said...

I remember the eating the dirt stage. Fun, fun. Cute aprons! If only I sewed... You know, I am quite handy with a glue gun... What do you think? :)

Maren said...

You know they are truly a boy when they'd rather munch on dirt then food. At 4 I still catch James with dirt around his mouth. Will they ever learn?