After a super stressful weekend, I decided I needed some perspective. Instead of thinking about how blah I feel, here are a few things I love...
clean sheets
nap time
watermelon sour patch slices
unexpected visitors/phone calls
pedicures
breezy days
old friends
game night
sloppy kisses from Ty
pay day
lunch dates
John Mayer
good hair days
dinner swap
good books
mail
the phone call from Trent that tells me he's on his way home
the beach
bargain shopping
white t-shirts
parties
bunko
lounging by the pool
playing with Ty
fhe - Blake style
holding hands (with Trent, of course)
finding $ in a pocket
bubble baths
peanut butter cookies
a good workout
sewing
invitations
Dr. Pepper
holidays
There. I feel better already.
Last night for FHE, Trent made us BLT sandwiches for dinner (yum) and we watched Ratatouille. Claire recently taught Ty to jump and he spent most of the evening showing us his new talent. The funny thing is that his feet never leave the ground. He squats down really low, then quickly straightens up while saying "jump". It's hilarious. I got it on the camera, but it didn't want to download tonight. Maybe later.
Trent is currently working in the mental ward of the county hospital. He comes home with some pretty interesting stories. I feel for people who struggle with any kind of mental illness. He has to find some humor in his day, otherwise it would be very depressing. One woman in particular is constantly asking Trent to contact the mormons so they can contact the Apaches and have one of their doctors come and examine her because she is bleeding internally. She threatens to file a lawsuit if he doesn't do as she asks. He's already had to go to court once to testify about the mental health of one of the patients. On the upside, he's been coming home around 2:30 every afternoon. I love this schedule!
Finally, Trent got some great news today. The AZ Board of Regents granted Trent a tuition reduction award today. Basically, they are going to reimburse us for some of his tuition because the state of AZ doesn't offer a PA program with in-state tuition like many states do. They can award as much as $14,000 if Trent will promise to practice in the state of AZ for at least one year. Hopefully we'll get the full amount. As grateful as we are for the financial break, it's only a fraction of what we'll owe in student loans. But hey, we'll take whatever we can get.
One more thing that makes me happy: countdowns
18 days of school left
4 months of Trent's school
30 weeks of being pregnant
15-20 years of school loans
Here's to making the most of every day along the way!
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





13 comments:
You are a trooper Rachel, no doubt about that! I can't believe there is only 18 days left of this school year...that has got to feel so nice? And I have to say, laying by the pool is one of my top favorite things too right now...I wonder if I could jump the fence into my neighbors yard and lay by their pool?
You are awesome Rachel and I LOVE your posts. They are always so fun to read. I love your "things that make me happy" list. Great list! That is wonderful about the tuition stuff. Funny about the lady and the Apaches. sad, but funny.
I love how you always look at the good things that make you happy...I admire you so much for that! It's a hard thing to do :) I hope you feel better soon!!
that was a good list of loves. and i, personally love, your student loan count down. i'm still smiling (in a sick way) about that one. just remember, people with student loans are COOL. :)
Ditto to almost everything on that list (but definitely not the countdown for pregnancy! ha ha). Also, I believe I have found the perfect white T at Target. It is double layered, so you can't see through it and it is so comfortable! I think I will go share that on my blog for all to know. :-)
OK, that was a good post.
Good luck. Wow, I'm glad school is almost over too.
At least you aren't dwelling on the bad stuff. Pretty cool that you could get that much money back. A nice surprise?
i need your number. I have almost called you a few times around lunch time for a quick get together, I usually go to cafe rio.
i'm so glad you like dr pepper, i don't feel as evil. i really get excited about mail too, darn my ebay obssesion for that. eric banned me for a few months for obvious reason ($) my kids are driving me nuts at the minute so you know what I do....sit at the computer and see if anyone commented on my blog. and you did- so sweet. so that would be another thing on my list of happiness. it the little things. to bad i can't figure out how to hook up my cable b/c i'd surley get some happiness from that.
Hey Blakes, just remember
November 25 would be a great day to have this baby! I love the list, I need to do that now and then, just to remember all the good things, thanks for reminding me!
Thanks for reminding me to be positive and count my blessings. Sounds like good things are in your future!!
Ooh, finding $$$ in a pocket is fantastic!
I got your message. I will call you probably next week.
How did you find my number? I can't remember when I gave it to you.
You do have such an optimistic attitude I love it! I am haveing a rough time lasting the 20 days I have until graduation so you inspired me to make a list of the things I like about highschool. It is a very short list but thanks for the inspiration. It does put things in perspective!
I have bad days too, and it really does help to think about the little things I love! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment