This view has become very familiar this week. I do not remember being this sick with Ty. I wasn't supposed to see the Dr. until next week but I begged him to see me yesterday because I was so miserable. I have to start with the generic antil-nausea drugs before I can move on to the good stuff, but I'm grateful to have any help at this point. I'm pretty sure the 5 lbs I've lost so far isn't fat, just dehydration. If I don't improve soon, they'll give me an IV. Fun.So far, the only solid food I've been able to keep down is nibbles of this:

And I've been sucking on these:
On the bright side, I finally know more about my little peanut! I am nearly 10 weeks already, which was another surprise to me. My due date is November 22nd! That puts the conception date during a time period when we thought I was not fertile. Either we are terrible at math or this was just meant to be. Trent, however, proudly leaned over and whispered, "My boys know no boundaries." Congratulations, honey. We don't have a scanner so I can't post the picture, but the baby was quite lively. I love that feeling you get when you see the baby for the first time on the screen. I definitely felt like I was witnessing a miracle...for the second time.





14 comments:
Oh, AWESOME! I mean the last part... So sorry you are sick!!! The best part is you can still focus on the miracle of it all!! What a TROOPER! I hope the medicine works for you - soon! I.V.'s are not fun... Because Syd was a planned C-section (breech) the I.V. was the absolute worst part for me in the entire DELIVERY process! Am I sissy or what??
PS - Considering Trent's graduation time and your due date (only 11 days after mine by the way!!) I'd say it was perfect timing. You know He's in charge. It'll be perfect. :)
I had to use both phenergen and zofran to get through the first 22 weeks of my pregancy - thank goodness Dr Beck is willing to subscribe the good stuff! I think it's my dream to be further along in my pregnancy than I thought - so that's awesome.
I wish at 36 weeks my dr. would say I am further along than I thought! I am sorry you are sick...maybe it means it is a GIRL!!
Yay for being farhter along than you thought but BOO for being sick. I know it sucks. If you can, get the good stuff (Zofran) for sure. It is a Heaven sent. Just ask Jamie. She and I were both so sick together with our little ones. Maybe this will be a girl!
Oh Rachel! I am so excited to see that you were able to look at baby. That really makes most of the nausea go away. I understand the whole nausea thing, will send all my positive energy your way so that you don't have to get an iv.
Congrats on the due date. As far as sickness goes, here is what helped me: grapefruit, constantly chewing on peppermint gum or mints, always keeping something in the tummy, apple and toast in the morning, never eat fruit by itself, keep some sort of liquid going down, and try to stay busy! Hopefully it will pass soon!
MUST BE A GIRL!!
You poor thing! I had no idea that you get THAT sick! Hopefully the drugs will help you keep some food down.
I'm excited for you, that you got to see the baby on the ultrasound and your due date!
Very cool. That's what happened when I conceived with this one. Kinda weird. I'm so sorry you are sick. IF it gets too bad let me know, I have a few extra Zofran that will stop the vomiting. Good luck. :)
Congratulations Rachel. How exciting!
Oooh Rachel, I'm sorry you've been so sick. Popsicles were my BFF during the first trimester. I hope it gets easier for you.
Wow, that's always way better than hearing, "no, you're not as far along as you thought." Sorry you're feeling grody. 9pm is my very worst time. That's when I turn to my friend, Salty Pretzel. Hope you feel better soon.
-Al
MUST BE A GIRL!!!!!! After this week with Cassi-----I would have gladly had my 6th boy instead.... I hope you feel better soon..... Love you all....
Post a Comment