Wednesday, April 09, 2008

End of Year Exam



Tomorrow is Trent's end of year exam. Even though he still has three rotations left to complete, this exam, called the PACKRAT, is supposed to be very similar to the boards Trent will take this fall. He has been studying more than I've ever witnessed before in my life and we're crossing our fingers and toes that he does well.

Trent is currently working on finding a surgeon to work with this summer for his Orthopedic Surgery rotation. He will spend his last two rotations in this field to find out if it is really what he wants to do as a career. Also, we're hoping he gets a job offer out of it.

As exciting as it is to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, it's also kind of overwhelming. In the next year we will end one chapter of our lives and begin another! The most difficult decision will be deciding whether we stay in the valley, or relocate to join the National Health Service Corps for their loan repayment program. Whatever we decide, it'll be a fun ride as long as we're in it together!

10 comments:

mad white woman said...

good luck! how long will it be before you get the results?

Jill Manning said...

Good luck Trent! I'm sure all that studying will pay off! I love the adventure of ending a chapter in life and starting a new one but let's be honest...its scary! Too many unknowns...but I guess that is why it is an adventure!

Nash said...

OH Rach,
How thrilling and scary all at the same time. I have had that feeling many times, fear of that ultimate decision. In fact we have had it fall through many times, and I sort of felt relieved that no FINAL decision had to be made yet. And sometimes going back to school felt more comfortable. Don't know if that made any sense. Let's get together, email me.

Nina Jones said...

NO Brainer you can do anything for a few years if they will write your debt off.... I know you wanted MAMA NINA'S advice so there you go!!! Trently will do GREAT on his exam.... You are in our prayers always...........

KAT said...

Good luck!

Linz said...

Woo-hoo!! Almost there! I can sympathize Rachel! Best of luck to Trent!!

morgan larsen said...

I hope that the test went well for Trent, that is so exciting that the end is in sight!

Stacy Householder said...

Rachel, I'm a blog stalker too!! hehe. I'm so glad you found MY blog and that you shared yours with me. Your son is so CUTE!! :) Last time I saw you, you had just found out you were pregnant! Time flies doesn't it!! WOW! :) Sure love ya! :)

Meggs said...

I am so understanding where your coming from and all this school stuff. It is a hard road but totally worth in in the long run. I am so jealous it is almost over for you guys. Tell Trent Good Luck!! We only have 14 more months.

Rachelle said...

We just got a letter informing us that our (J's) student loans are now repaid in full! Only 14 years, 4 kids, and 3 more college degrees later!!! The only thing that has stayed the same is his little red truck! And me of course.
Love you guys. Can't wait to see you and Ty this summer. Thanks for the blogging tips - I need all the help I can get.