Thursday, September 06, 2007

San Diego

Here are some fun pictures from our trip to the beach last weekend. It was so nice to get away! We caravaned with my sister and her family. We were planning on camping, but they talked us into heading to the beach instead and offered us an awesome hotel hook-up. Free hotel...we're in!
We got caught in a rainstorm at the Alpine outlet center on our way to and from San Diego. The locals said they haven't had rain all summer. What are the chances?


My sister's cute kids!
Sidney, Savannah and Marshall (Chandler not pictured)

Ty fit nicely on the luggage transporter thing-a-majig.

He loves to be outdoors, and he seemed to like the feel of sand between his toes.

He liked the water until it reached his crotch. Then, he changed his mind.
(It was a bit cold for the little guy!)

My favorite people! Trent bought a boogie board and enjoyed the beach more than he though he would. He even walked away from the trip sunburn free!

Yeah for family vacations! We don't have to share Trent with anyone!

I noticed how many confident people roam the beach.
Not being one of them, I chose to leave my cover up on most of the weekend.

I love this picture!

The sweet life of luxury. He really does love the remote control.

We also met up with Trent's cousin, Kim, and her husband, Harrison. They are a lot of fun and we hope to go visit them again soon! It was a splendid way to spend our Labor Day weekend. Hope yours was just as relaxing!

12 comments:

Beka said...

ok i absolutely love that pic of ty in the hat grinning from ear to ear...he's so stinking cute Rachel!

Unknown said...

I'm jealous. Not so much the beach since I have one here, I'm jealous of you at the outlet malls!
Cute pictures!!
-Al

Cara Fish said...

Oh! SO much fun! I love the beach. Glad ty liked it. How funny is that? Can't wait to see you!

Courtney said...

I am glad you guys got a vacation and got to hit the beach before the end of the summer....I love those pictures and glad Ty loved the beach!

Maren said...

Hello... cute mommie. Would I even post a pic of me wearing a coverup - probably not, but you own that thing. You really take the cutest pics Rachel!

Kari said...

What a fun vacation. I love the picture of you smooching on Ty. What a cutie, and I love your swimsuit coverup. Where can I find one?

Christie said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get out of here for a while and have some family time. Great pics!

jon♥kara said...

Hey guys! How are u? We miss the old ward..well we miss the people. We're still the youngest couple in our ward and the only ones with no kids. You're little boy is sooo adorable. We have to get together soon.I just set up our blog so we can all keep in touch. Jon found your blog and I'm soo excited. Can't wait to hear from you guys.

morgan larsen said...

can't get any better than free! Isn't the best part of vacation getting to spend time together?? You guys are such a cute family!!

Jennie said...

Oh so much fun and well deserved! You look so cute in that dress!

Kim said...

I adore your baby! that picture of you and him on the beach should be in a magazine because it is so precious! love ya girl!

Jamie & Johnny said...

I heart the beach! Glad you guys had a nice time. Ty looks like he was very happy there. Maybe we should all move there!!! :)