Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Blake Beginnings

My cute friend Gwen tagged me to tell my story. I love this story, so I'm happy to share!

Where did you meet your husband?
A Sunday night get together at Caleb Clarkson’s house. He was the only guy there that I didn’t know.

What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Our first interaction was actually me kicking him (gently) in the back of his leg, followed by a tactful, “who are you?” Apparently I’d left my manners at home that evening. Nevertheless, we struck up a conversation, met up at my house after the gathering dispersed, and spoke to each other every day since then.

Where was your first date?
Our first official date was dinner at Chevy’s. However, the day after we met was Valentines Day. Trent already had a date lined up, which proved to be less than thrilling, and he ended up at my house again as soon as he dropped his date off.

Where was your first kiss?
This is getting incriminating! We kissed on Valentines Day. Yep, only the second day we knew each other. Truthfully, I think we both thought it was going to be a fling. He lived in Tucson, I lived in Mesa. (Weak attempt to justify our behavior.)

Did you have a long or short engagement/courtship?
Average – at least for mormons! We dated for four months, and were engaged for four months. We met on February 13th and got married October 13th, 8 months to the day we met!

Where did you get engaged?
Trent led me on a scavenger hunt, taking me to several of the places we had been together. It started at Chevy’s (our first real date), and eventually ended back at Caleb Clarkson’s house (where we met). He was waiting there for me with guitar in hand. He sang Adam Sandler’s Grow Old With Me, (he doesn’t play the guitar, he just taught himself that one song).Then he popped the question with a beautiful ring that he picked out himself. Lots of our friends ended up joining me on the scavenger hunt, so we have it all on video. It was very fun, and very unexpected!

How was the honeymoon?
Since we paid for the majority of our wedding on our own, we waited a year for the official honeymoon. Our week in Hawaii was fabulous, even though I was somewhat limited in my activities because I was expecting Ty. It was kind of fun not having a honeymoon right away – I think we’ll be making up for it for the rest of our lives!!


I think we all love our "how me met" stories, I'd love to read all of yours. I tag Beka, Stacey, and Kari... if you feel like it!



7 comments:

Nash said...

It is always fun to talk about, or just remember all the firsts with our significant other. Fun read!

Maren said...

that is so sweet... What a fun memory. Trent is such a great guy. i love that we will be deep in coversation and he will look totally tuned out to the TV and out of nowhere add his comments as if on que. This is a great memory to share. Maybe I will blog just to share mine. Jason's the best!!

Unknown said...

Wow, he's lucky you tricked him into marrying you!!!
-Al

Courtney said...

My favorite part of that story is the "Tactfully said, 'Who are you?'".....so Rachel and so great.

Christie said...

I can just see you kicking him in the back of the leg asking him who is is. Awesome. I loved reading about it!

Pace & Gwen said...

I LOVE IT!! Seriously, we are a lot alike! I love the "this is getting incriminating" part. Hilarious. Perfect.

Kari said...

That was cute Rach. I liked reading your story. I especially liked Trent's proposal. How romantic. Thanks for tagging me. I'll get right on it!