Tuesday, September 11, 2007

The latest...

This is Claire, my wonder-nanny! She called me today at work because she noticed I had some ingredients laid out for dinner. She asked if I would like her to get it started. Then, when I got home, she told me she emptied the dishwasher, except for a few items that she didn't know where they belonged. Also, she folded all of Ty's clothes from the dryer and laid them neatly in his dresser. How did I get so lucky? She is so good with Ty, he just coos at her! And now she's turning into quite the housekeeper!

Every day I come home to a handsomely dressed little man. Claire takes a lot of pictures when she's here so I can see what he was up to in my absence.

These clothes are 9-12 moths. Yep. I swear I am not overfeeding him...it's genetics.

My new favorite picture! He finally fits into these dapper church clothes from TCP. The sweater vest didn't last too long (too warm), but isn't he handsome? We are practicing looking GQ for uncle Ben's wedding in March.

His tie was a big hit at church. Speaking of church, this was the first Sunday we had to take him out into the hall because of fussiness. (I think I spied some resentful smiles from other mothers who have dealt with fussy babies since day one.) Our stake president announced that it is the fathers duty to take unhappy children into the foyer, a directive I rather enjoy. I was able to listen to the rest of the meeting quite peacefully while Trent handled the angry little elf.



My nephew, Marshall, had his 10th birthday yesterday. We celebrated at Joe's BBQ - sooo delicious! We've converted Marshall to Settlers, so he was pretty ecstatic to get it for his bday. If you still haven't played, call us, it's our favorite! Trent also examined Chandler's knee after an injury sustained from soccer. I'm sure Trent just loves the free medical attention he's already giving my family! Kidding, he actually does like to use his skills! Trent is currently fulfilling his rotation at a family practice in Tempe. So far, he has witnessed a vasectomy, reopened the urethra of a little boy, and manually removed fecal matter from someone suffering from constipation. Not kidding. Some days my job pales in comparison. He's got three weeks left of this rotation, then on to the next - women's care!

As for me, I'm gearing up for two nights of Bunko! One night I'll join my colleagues, then Friday, it's the ward girls! I normally don't play so much, just a flook this week. I can hardly wait!


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Cara Fish said...

I've got to say - feces tops the list. THAT is what will pay the bills, my friend!

the Painters said...

Can I borrow your nanny? She does great I can see! You are lucky to have her. I NEED ONE, ok, maybe just my own personal chef and cleaning lady.
Ty's adorable. How are you?

Christie said...

I'm so glad you have a great nanny! It's hard enough to leave Ty, but I bet knowing you are leaving him in good hands makes it a little easier.

Unknown said...

How on EARTH did you get your Stake President to say that? And how do I get mine to do it too??!
Cute pictures, and way to go, Pooper Scooper Trent!
-Al

Courtney said...

Another way to get the husband to take the baby in church is to get a calling where you have to many things to do...works great.

Ty is sure looking handsome these days!

Linz said...

Ummm I want a wonder nanny!

maelynn said...

OK, your baby is the cutest! Don't you just love little boy church clothes? I think I'm addicted! Ty has gotten SO big since I started looking at your blog! Why do they grow up so fast? SO not fair to moms!

Kari said...

I love the picture of Ty with the green vest...and the one especially with green socks! What a cute guy. And, about your nanny...hold on to that one! She seems great! Nanny's like that are hard to come by!

Jamie & Johnny said...

cute post. I can't keep up with all your new post. I love the tie on Ty!!!

Auburn said...

stop it, she sounds like a jewel. does she want to watch a second child for 7 hours a day until february ;o) Where did you find her??? We're moving soon, 3 weeks from today, so I'll have to give you a buzz!!

Pace & Gwen said...

I love these pictures!! Your little guy is so cute, my sister would say "you could just EAT him"!! I kind of shy away from eating children myself, ha ha. :) Kidding! Anyway, love the otfits. Love to dress little boys... can't wait. One day I'll get to play with one of my own. :)