Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Back to Reality

The dreaded day has come. I'm working again. Trent gave me a wonderful blessing last night, and a much needed pep talk. I woke up optimistic this morning, trying to be cheerful about returning to work and even looking forward to seeing some of my colleagues. After having an incredibly lousy day on Monday (which is a bummer since it was my last day home), I was determined to have a better day. I did great. Until about 10:30am. My meeting was getting boring and I couldn't help but think about missing things like watching Handy Manny with Ty, or making ridiculous sounding noises to get him to open his mouth for rice cereal. But I have it good - part time is better than full time. I'm sure tomorrow will be even better. And I really do love my job. I think time will go be faster (and easier) when I have students in my room. Ty really likes his nanny, Claire, so that is an added bonus. (Then again, Ty likes everyone.)


Meanwhile, in Ty's world:


He loves playing with his feet and trying to eat his toes.

He loves to read AND eat his books.


He is trying to be independent and wants to hold his bottle on his own. Too bad nothing comes out when he insists on doing it himself.

Also, Ty rolled over for the first time today! He has done it several times in his crib because he can push against the rails. But this was on the floor, completely unassisted. Fun stuff!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, you look fan-stinkin'-tastic! What a bummer that you have to leave Ty during the day. You're a stronger woman than I. Although, today I would've traded places with you.
-Al

Kari said...

Wow, Rach, you'll do great. Ty is looking mighty handsome. I am somewhat jealous that he has such fun rolls on his legs. My kids are such skin and bones. :)

Jill Manning said...

Good luck with work Rachel, I know you will love it more when the students come back, because they will love you! I love the Ty updates, he is such a cute kid! Let me know if there is anything I can do to help!

Cara Fish said...

he's getting so BIG! And you're getting so SMALL!

Stacey said...

I know exactly how you feel. It's pretty tough, but with a lot of prayer and support from your hubby, it will definitely get better! I'm just so glad they let you go part time. I am anxiously awaiting my turn. In my case, I have good and bad days but the missing part never goes away, I somehow have the motivation and strength to get through the day.

Beka said...

such a babe! i love it when they play with their feet, Braden sucked on his toes the first time today...so cute!

Linz said...

Im sure tomorrow will be better! That is rough but you are so right...part-time is much better than full-time! Good luck with it all!

Jamie & Johnny said...

Good luck Rach! I'm sure it gets easier everyday. So nice that you have a good nanny! Good luck! :) PS, You do look great.

Christie said...

You are such a trooper. I hope your week gets better. Ty is a cutie-face!

Kim said...

I love looking at your blog and seeing your precious darling ty! He makes my day! And I wanted to tell you good luck with your new part time work! I want to come visit you and wear all westwood clothing! I wish I couldve had you for a teacher! You amaze me everyday in sunday school, you have no idea! see ya @ apron night!!:)

Mimi said...

Good luck with the whole work thing. That's a bummer but like you said at least it's only part time. What a cute little guy you have, Toms still won't hold his own bottle. He's a little to lazy and spoiled I guess.

morgan larsen said...

congrats on the rolling over! and going back to work.. sounds good and hard at the same time but you look great!

Auburn said...

Oh - so hard to go back to work. I remember just wanting to cry for the first few weeks back. And, although I can't WAIT for February, when I don't have to work anymore at all, I honestly feel like my working part-time has been good for Lily. I know you'll feel the same way about Ty, so just give it time!!