Sunday, August 26, 2007

All Churched Up



It's been so hot this summer that I've only been dressing Ty in onesies. I live for Sundays (or even evenings) when I feel justified dressing him up, and putting on some of the cute clothes he has received as gifts. He got a lot of compliments on his cute seersucker shorts today (thanks Summer!), and I just couldn't get over how old he is starting to look. I just thought I'd share a few random pictures we took before heading off to church. As usual, I was able to sit through church peacefully and enjoy the speakers since our awesome friends and neighbors gladly took turns holding Ty. It's fun to see other people enjoy him as much as we do! He is such a mini-Trent - I love it!


Here is the latest apron I've finished...almost. You can't see the cute flounce on the bottom, so I'll take another picture when it's perfect. I need to put the bias tape on and attach the pocket, but it's nearly complete. It's my new crafting apron that I wear while I am, well, sewing! I've got so many fun projects in my head, but no time or money to do them right now. My darling friend Maren made this cute "babypron" for Ty. I love it, and can't wait until he grows into it! Of course, Trent shook his head when he saw it, but aprons are very useful for munchkins and I can't wait to put it to use. Isn't it adorable! Thanks Maren, it was a fantastic surprise!

11 comments:

Courtney said...

Super cute boy and super cute apron! I can't get over how big ty is looking either! He is seriously a little boy now!

The Parkers said...

Very cute apron, and tell Trent that my kids (even the BOYS) us theirs all the time.

Christie said...

Ty was smokin' hot at church in his cute, little shorts...although I think Myla had eyes for Trent this time. She is such the little flirt. You should've seen the way she was cuddling with Curtis Hall during primary!

The apron is absolutely adorable and I bet you can't wait to whip up some sugar cookies with that boy! So fun.

Alyssa said...

Hi Rachel, It's okay that you didn't recognize who I was at the mall. I forgive you! :) Glad your doing well. Thanks for saying hi!

Jill Manning said...

He was such a gem at church, it is too hard not to want to snuggle with him through church! And I love your craft apron and baby Ty's apron, he will look so cute in it when he grows into it. Who knows, maybe his personal happy place will consist of Oliver and his apron...well...a girl can dream right?

Lopez-kids said...

Whoa! I go offline for a month and come back to see your son looks totally different! Isn't it amazing how much they change! He is such a handsome litte guy!! He is looking more and more like his beautiful mama!

Jennie said...

What a cute apron!

Jamie & Johnny said...

"Ta Da", that is what Ty is saying in that first picture. He's so freakin cute.

Kari said...

absolutely adorable Rach! He is starting to look older to me. What a handsome little guy! I love the apron too. And yes, kids do get very messy once they reach the walking age so the apron will definitely come in handy. Too cute!

Pace & Gwen said...

He is so cute you could eat him!! Just gorgeous, especially his big blue eyed picture below. How fun!
I know what you mean about keeping them comfy versus stylish. I didn't start dressing Sydney up except for Sundays until she was about 3 months old. Now I live for it! Babies (or now in my case) toddlers are so fun!

Matt Painter said...

He's so adorable. Love the apron.