Monday, August 20, 2007

Oliver

Ty loves his bear, Oliver. Every time we turn around he's clutching Oliver, eating Oliver, or cuddling Oliver as he dozes off. Aren't they cute together!

Posted by Picasa
Ty's favorite hobbies remain the same: eating and reading. We have successfully introduced peas, green beans and carrots into his diet with no complaints. I'm still waiting for the food that will get a negative reaction. He is such a good eater and meal time is his favorite time of day.


I'm still a little overwhelmed with my new schedule, but I'm really enjoying my students. My favorite class is Multi Cultural Literature. It's really a nice change to teach general education students who have higher level thinking skills. We have had some awesome discussions about culture, racism, and tolerance and I think it will be a fascinating class for all of us. One of my students is an immigrant from Columbia and he brings so much to the table. I sure get a lot of perspective from these kids! Anyone want to help me grade 50 essays this week?

Trent has been helping my brother in law coach pop warner football a few times and really enjoys it. I think he's just waiting patiently for Ty to be old enough to participate in sports so he can start coaching. We are enjoying Trent as much as we can this week. Next week it's back to 5 days a week/10-12 hours a day. He has a big test this Friday so cross your fingers for him!

6 comments:

Christie said...

I love that he has a lovey. That is so cute!

I'm glad to hear that teaching is going okay. I'm sure it's a lot harder than you're letting on. You have lessons to plan, papers to grade, classes to teach, parents and staff to communicate with, a mom and a wife to be...yeah, you are superwoman.

Jamie & Johnny said...

Don't you love it when they cuddle things like that? I'm glad you are enjoying school. I don't envy the grading part though. Ty is getting so big and so dang cute.

Pace & Gwen said...

Good job, Teacher-Mom get him started early with those books!! Good luck with your class! Your growing boy is growing up adorable. :)

The Arizona Blake Family said...

oliver and ty are so cute! I love it so much when they cuddle things!

Linz said...

Awww that is cute, I think I need to get a bear for Owen! I cant believe how big Ty is already...it seems like you just had him! He is so yummy! Good luck with school and the essays!

Maren said...

I can help you, if you nned help ready essays. Nothing I like better (what an English geek am I?)