Thursday, August 30, 2007

Nap time!


After fighting nap time the last few days, he finally gave in today.


A few thank yous are in order for the people who helped me maintain my sanity this week:

Chelsea - thanks for lending me New Moon!
It has been my refuge this week.
Dad - the freebies you send my way are always appreciated!
You're the best!
Mesa Public Schools - a paycheck, finally!
If only it reflected what I'm worth! :)
Beka - High School Musical isn't below me!
Mom - fabric for my next project, whenever I get around to it!
My 2nd period - my motivation to go to work everyday.

3 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

Argh, it's so hard when they won't nap! Hope you have a good day!

Jennie said...

Hey, where did your other post go about mediocrity? I didn't have to a chance to comment on it. Anyway, my heart goes out to you. It really is SO hard trying to juggle all of those balls. I know what it feels like, because I felt the same way when I was doing Pampered Chef. Luckily I was able to tamper it down to something more manageable, like hardly doing it at all. Unfortunately, you don't have that choice as a teacher. You are amazing though Rach!

Instead of being bumbed about all the things you aren't able to get done (or done perfectly), make yourself a different kind of list. One that is titled, "THINGS I DID TODAY."

Even if that is changed 6 diapers today, got a shower today, read my scrips today, made dinner, was nice to myself today, returned 2 phone calls, etc! Focus on congratulating yourself for all the things that you ARE doing, instead of all the things you wish you could be doing.

Remember, all things in their own season!

Stacey said...

It's so hard when they don't want to nap!! It's crazy because you know how exhausted they are, but they won't give in. Atleast he is sleeping through the night, right? :)