
I love the holidays, but it hardly seemed like a vacation! We had so much family coming in and out of town that we rarely had any downtime to just relax. Not that we minded. Unfortunately, I forgot my camera at most of the events we attended, so I don't have any documentation of our outings. After being completely spoiled by Trent, and spoiled with baby goods from parents, we still managed to spend oodles of money on home improvements and new cell phones (mine broke...it was pretty old school). I don't get to do any recreational shopping in the near future, but between waddling and bathroom breaks, it's not much fun anyway.
My brother's family came for Christmas. One of my neices, Camryn (5), was constantly worried that the baby was going to fall out of me if I walked up and down the stairs in our house. If only giving birth was that simple!
We spent New Year's in Blanding, UT. Whooppeee! Playing board games and cards barely kept us awake until the new year. My head hit the pillow by 12:10am. But it was nice to get away, experience colder weather, and see our good friends again.

This is Wendy and I hiking Natural Bridges this summer in Blanding. It's a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of city life!





5 comments:
Oh girl . . . you stayed up later than me on New Years! I feel asleep at 10:30. Babies do that to you!
Isn't getting baby stuff so exciting? I mean, you know it is for the baby, but it feels like it is your gift too and so darn cute!
Yes, I didn't mind sharing the attention with baby this Christmas! Now I'm getting even more anxious for him to get here!
I was up til 4 am this New Years! How is that for pretending to be single and babyless....then having to wake up at 7am with Landon saying, "Don't forget about me!"
When is your due date again?
I'm due March 26th. I'm okay with him coming a little early though! (Wishful thinking). What possessed you to stay up so long? You must have been at a great party, cuz last I remember, you could hardly keep your eyes open through a late night movie... :)
Post a Comment