Friday night we went to see our friend's band play a gig. I went to high school with Travis Webb and he and his wife moved into our ward this last year, which has been awesome! His band, White Mammoth, is coming along really well. You can check it out at www.myspace.com/whitemammoth. Anyway, we walked in to see the show and the first person I saw was Kurt Styer, one of the nicest guys I have ever met. I haven't seen him since he got married several years ago. Lance Webb and a few other peeps from Westwood HS were also at the show. Good times!

Today we were planning on lounging around the house when we received a personal invitation from the Bishop to attend ward temple day. I have been using my pregnancy as an excuse not to go for the last few months. We decided to go, and it was such an amazing afternoon. First of all, I saw at least 5 other pregnant women there, most of whom were larger than me, so I immediately felt chastized (in a good way) for my selfishness. Secondly, we ran into so many old friends it felt like a reunion of sorts. Brooke (Little) Taylor was there, super cute and pregnant (an old friend from the singles ward); Marily (Christensen) Smith, we were summer camp counselors together; my old singles ward bishop, Bishop Winward, from my Lazona ward days (he was actually doing sealings with us); Scott Welker (one of Trent's best buddies that's down at UofA Law School); and Trent's uncle Tom and aunt Brenda from Safford. There are actually a few more, but you get the idea. We were there literally an extra half hour to forty-five minutes because we stopped every five feet or so to say hi to someone else. I am so glad, for so many reasons, that we decided to get out of the house this weekend!





3 comments:
Wow, you did run into alot of people. Did you know Kurt lives like 5 houses down from me and I hardly see him. Is he in Travis's band? How is Lance? Married? Very cool. Rach, we need to meet up too somewhere, someday. I think I owe you Rosa's before your little one is born. :)
Kurt is the bass guitarist in the band. Lance is not married, but was with a super cute girl on Friday. I'd love to get together! It doesn't take a pregnancy for me to want to meet up with you! Let me know when you're venturing out this way, or we can always meet in the middle. :)
That is so funny. Dave and I ended up doing the same thing this weekend (except we had to get a babysitter for our little one). It had been so long since we'd been to the temple, probably 6 months, I know it was before Lily was born. . . anyway, we realized that we need to get a babysitter and head there more often. Maybe you and I will have to trade babysitting when I get back to AZ ;o) By the way, we started a blog a couple weeks ago! daellingson.blogspot.com!! -Auburn
Post a Comment