Thursday, January 18, 2007

Big Boy

No, this is not my belly. But when I saw the picture, I completely sympathized with this woman. I went to my check up yesterday and saw my doctors eyes widen as she measured my belly. She thinks my little boy is rather large. I'm going to have another ultra sound next week to see if my due date needs to be renegotiated. Personally, I just think I'm a healthy sized woman designed to produce big babies. I wasn't the least bit surprised to hear he's a hefty little tyke. Besides, I was almost 9 lbs and Trent was just under 10 lbs. Large babies are kind of inevitable with our genes. We'll know in a week if he will be joining us sooner than originally expected.

4 comments:

The Parkers said...

I'm glad to know that's not your stomach! Just how long do you have?

The Blakes said...

9 weeks left if the due date stays the same, but possibly sooner. I'll find out next week. And no, no exposed belly shots will ever be posted on this blog. I won't subject you all to my extremely pale and rotund mid section.

Jennie said...

Ugh...I remember the feeling. Feeling so tight everywhere!

Auburn said...

Big babies are the best. Lily is a little chunk, and I think it's adorable!! I have to say, you sure don't look like you are measuring big though, you look great in the picture you posted. Good luck getting that due date moved up, I wished mine would have been moved up, the last few weeks get LOOOOONG.