Thursday, January 11, 2007

Are You Pregnant?


A few days ago, a colleague asked me if I was pregnant. Here's your sign! I'll be 30 weeks on Monday. Only 9 weeks left of teaching this school year...WOOHOO! Then I get a four and a half month hiatus.

I can't possibly imagine getting any bigger, but I'm well aware that the expanding has only just begun. Ty's new favorite move is the kung fu kick to the ribs. Last week he stuck his foot in my ribs and left it there for my entire 5th period. My students kept asking me if I was okay because I was trying to do some creative moving and stretching to ease the discomfort. They tell me I make interesting facial expressions when I'm getting pulverized by the baby. I just love sharing this experience with so many adolescent onlookers.



4 comments:

Courtney said...

Ty is going to be just as crazy as Landon! I know exactly the kung fu kick you are talking about! To this day he has not stopped flapping his arms and kicking more rapidly than I have ever seen on anything human! I call him BAM BAM.

The Parkers said...

you know the saddest part? He's stretching your ribs. I tried on my wedding dress yesterday and my rib cage is about 3 inches too wide for the zipper. Sorry!

Jamie & Johnny said...

You look great, Rach. Love the side shots. And yes, you will be getting bigger, I'm sorry to break it to you. It's a blast isn't it? !

the Painters said...

That's great Rachel! I do not miss the kung foo to the ribs. Alec was especially wild in there and he is to this day. You baby will be a wild one.....!