Thursday, January 25, 2007

Big News


I went in for my ultra sound today and received some BIG news. You know you're in for a treat when the technician mutters "oh, my" under her breath. She took measurements three times just to be sure, but the results are official: my son's head is in the 98th percentile. If we were talking about SAT scores, I'd be one proud mom. But I'll admit that I'm a tiny bit alarmed. Seriously...this is going to hurt! Trent has been walking around quoting Mike Myers "it's like an orange on a toothpick" all afternoon.
His feet measure nearly 2 1/2 inches long and he's just a hair under 5 lbs. The due date hasn't been officially changed, but they plan on monitoring his growth carefully. If he continues at this rate, he'll either try to come out early on his own or they may induce labor. If I go full term, I might have to deliver cesarean. As long as he's healthy, it will all be fine. But really, 98th percentile??? He's already an overachiever.

I'd post a picture, but Ty was doing a Stevie Wonder impersonation during the entire ultra sound and none of them turned out clearly.
Eight weeks to go...

4 comments:

Jamie & Johnny said...

Wow, what a start. That's nut's Rach! Whatever happens you'll be fine, you're tough. 8 more weeks, that's crazy! So when do you want to go eat @ Rosa's? When do you start Maternity leave?

The Blakes said...

My official leave doesn't start til his due date, March 26th. I have Spring Break the 2nd week of March, and Pres. Day (Feb 19th) off. E-mail me a time that works for you and I'll make it happen! Anything for Rosa's and a date with Jamie! :)

Cara Fish said...

Whoo...Rach! This is one area where I do NOT envy you! Well, at least you know he'll be able to take care of you in old age with all of his money!

Jennie said...

He is definitely going to need to come out sooner than 8 weeks! His weight alone means he's a thrivin' boy! I laughed about the toothpick quotage...good one!