Saturday, January 27, 2007

100 Things

1. I thrive on lists. If it’s not on the list, it won’t get done.
2. I have had surgery on my right foot 3 times!
3. I’ve always wanted to get my PhD and teach college students. (Maybe one day!)
4. I love a good book (and am always looking for suggestions…)
5. I love to sing.
6. John Mayer makes me happy.
7. I coached pom/cheer for 5 years even though I was never a pommie/cheerleader myself.
8. My favorite TV shows are the Amazing Race, CSI, and House.
9. I never had a dog growing up. Max has been a brand new experience for me.
10. I love to throw parties.
11. French toast is my favorite breakfast meal.
12. My wedding day was more perfect than I ever dreamed it would be and well worth the wait.
13. Cheesecake is my favorite dessert.
14. I cared way too much about what people thought of me in high school.
15. I cry easily. Always have.
16. I love feeling my baby kick me and remind me that he’s in charge.
17. I won first place for Presence and Composure in the Mesa Junior Miss Pageant.
18. I always wanted to marry a red head. And I did.
19. I am a neat freak.
20. Getting personal mail (like cards or invitations) makes my day.
21. When I was a kid, I dreamt of being on Broadway, singing and dancing my life away.
22. I only got one C in college…College Algebra.
23. I had my appendix out in the 4th grade.
24. I’ve spent almost as much money on dental work as I did getting my bachelors degree.
25. I was a lifeguard for 7 years. Skin cancer, here I come.
26. My first and second kiss happened on the same night. Different guys, but no tongue (ew..). I promise. If I need to redeem myself with any of you, I’ll tell you the whole story upon request.
27. I organize the clothes in my closet by color and sleeve length. Shoes are on shelves depending on color and function. Baby Ty’s closet is starting to look the same.
28. I have a double jointed toe.
29. I love day dreaming about my baby, and the other babies that will come later.
30. I never got asked to the prom when I was in high school. But I have chaperoned it 5 times since.
31. I married Trent exactly 8 months to the day after we met.
32. I swam with a private swim club for nearly 8 years until I finally got up the nerve to tell my parents I didn’t want to be a swimmer like everyone else in the family.
33. My first year teaching was the hardest and I thought I went into the wrong profession.
34. I have lived within the same one square mile since I was 6 years old.
35. If I had the time, and money, I would enroll in a class every semester of every year just to learn new things.
36. The first album I ever bought was The Bangles because I loved the song “Walk Like an Egyptian.”
37. I’m not really sure what my real hair color is anymore.
38. I went to BYU…for about two weeks. Long story.
39. I like live sporting events, but get bored watching them on TV.
40. My favorite childhood game was Clue.
41. I have chubby cheeks no matter what size my waist is.
42. My first car was a 1985 Toyota Corolla that made loud noises when I turned corners.
43. I once tried to cure a bladder infection just by drinking cranberry juice and ended up in the hospital with a severe kidney infection.
44. I am a perfectionist through and through.
45. I can’t stand the feeling of dirty teeth and must brush at least 3-4 times a day.
46. My first live concert was watching Boston at the Desert Sky Pavilion.
47. My favorite family home evening was when my dad taught me how to do the Foxtrot and the Waltz.
48. Tulips are my favorite flower.
49. I fell out of the car (it was moving) when I was 5. I scraped up my face pretty badly and got blood on my monchichi and my favorite white fur coat.

50. I used to get in trouble at school for daydreaming.
51. I quit playing the violin because I didn’t like keeping my nails cut short.
52. I married the captain of the football team. Which sounds so manly. Then he played tennis in the off season, which cracks me up for some reason.
53. I met a cute boy at EFY when I was fifteen and wrote him clear through his mission. I didn’t marry him.
54. I was chosen “Best Eyes” my senior year of high school.
55. I was on the volleyball team in 8th and 9th grade.
56. I have named all of my cars.
57. I have a nightly ritual before I go to bed. I follow the same pattern every night.
58. I love, love, love to shop, but often return half the items I buy because I feel guilty for spending money.
59. I love the scent of a candle and light one every day when I get home from work.
60. Bubble baths are my favorite form of relaxation, pedicures are a close second.
61. I am opinionated, sometimes too opinionated.
62. I finished my entire Masters degree in 13 months.
63. I never had a best friend growing up, though I always wanted one. Now I have lots!
64. I appreciate friends who are laid back and quick to forgive.
65. I put my hair in hot rollers nearly every morning during high school. My mom usually helped.
66. I got my first real job when I was 15 and have worked ever since.
67. I paid the tuition for my entire college education on my own, bachelors and masters degree, and I don’t owe any money to anyone for it.
68. I love teaching high school even though I didn’t really like high school when I was there.
69. I was in the bell choir at school in 5th and 6th grade.
70. I live for road trips.
71. I’m good at making new friends, but find it challenging to keep in touch with all of the friends from my past. Not enough time in the day!
72. I will drop everything for a good game of Scrabble.
73. I don’t like the way my voice sounds on voice messages/recordings/etc…
74. I was named after a soap opera character that my mother liked.
75. My definition of camping is staying in a warm cabin somewhere in the woods. But I’m learning to enjoy camping in a tent more since my husband loves it so much (and we don’t have a cabin…yet).
76. I can't resist the urge to inhale the scent of a permanent marker when I take the cap off.


77. I love the smell of coffee, though I have never tasted it.
78. I have a list of places I’d like to travel to before I die. (Chicago, Frisco, D.C., Boston, Italy…)
79. I would rather lie on the beach all day than go to an amusement park.
80. I remember the exact moment when I knew I would marry Trent.
81. I worry a lot and have a hard time falling asleep.
82. I’d like to be a member of the School Board one day.
83. I drink a lot of water because yellow pee grosses me out. (Too much information.)
84. A Dr. Pepper with vanilla in it from QT is my favorite indulgence.
85. I used to darken the freckle above my lip because I wanted to look more like Marilyn Monroe.
86. I love living near my family.
87. I like the neighborhood I grew up in (and still live in) even though some people think it’s ghetto.
88. Peanut butter M&M’s are my favorite candy.
89. Chapstick is a major necessity in my life. I have it in various locations around the house, car and in my purse.
90. My husband grew up poorer than I did and he has taught me to appreciate the smallest things. Everything, every trip is an adventure in his eyes. I love a good dose of perspective.
91. I love my husband’s ability to make me laugh.
92. Bowling is one of my favorite activities even though I rarely break 100.
93. I can be a control freak.
94. I fear disappointing people I love. Luckily, the most important people in my life are easily pleased.
95. I love looking at Pottery Barn catalogs for ideas and then shopping at Target.
96. I have stayed up an entire night just to finish a Harry Potter book.
97. I live for making connections with my students, that unspoken moment when they know I care about them and decide to trust me.
98. I don’t like cherry flavored anything EXCEPT for cherry limeades at Sonic.
99. My mom brings me lunch every Friday. It’s one of my favorite traditions.
100. I’m not very competitive, I would rather everyone feel comfortable and have good time.

8 comments:

Jill said...

I'm amazed that you and Courtney had the concentration to think of 100 things! I'm going to play the game but I'm only promising 20 things about me. :)

I frequent your blog too. You're linked to Aub, Court, and Jamie so I make through one of their blogs.

Courtney said...

I like your list too! After reading it, I wish I had a list of 200...Now that I am done, I can think of so many more.

Jennie said...

Rachel, you crack me up! It was fun reading your list.

Jamie & Johnny said...

You nailed it. I do like reading those but have yet to do it for myself. One of these days maybe I will when I stop reading everyone else's and do my own!

The Parkers said...

wow, I'm trying to make one and it's way harder than it looks!

The Parkers said...

ok, you've inspired me and now I have my own.

Jill Manning said...

Rachel, I love the list. I feel like I know you that much better. That was fun to read...I want to play too.

Zach said...

I love this post still and reread it often.