Friday, June 18, 2010

We finally found our groove

After a few rough weeks of transitioning into summer, we have finally arrived. Yay Ty!

I decided to cancel some of Ty's pre-planned activities and just take it a day at a time. And honestly, this has been the best week for our family. I have been neglecting housework just to play more with my sweet kids. They have been SO much fun. I'm just sad that I committed to teaching summer school for the next 2 weeks since we just found our groove. Such is life.

Brooke is starting to talk at an insane rate. She is spouting off several new words every day. Ty has not lost momentum either. Some of our new friends from our ward even commented how much he's improved in the 3 short months we've lived here. Everyone around here (except Trent) is a chatterbox and I'm loving it. Both kids are sleeping in an extra hour which is dreamy, though I know I can't get too used to it.

Here are a few photo ops from our activities this week:
Sensory play. I hid some miniature sharks and whales in the beans and the kids had to find them. I used this activity in preschool too and the kids all loved it. You can also do it with rice, sand, and if you're really brave, cooked spaghetti noodles. Fun for all, but really good for kids with sensory issues.
I had to post this one too. What is Brooke thinking/saying. Please give me a good caption that describes this facial expression. I love it!
Trent bought Ty a horn for his bike. The neighbors are loving us right now. And yes, I am an awesome mom for enduring bike rides in this heat. Though we do go right after breakfast or just before sunset. It's still a bit uncomfortable though.

Cousins Sleepover
One of the fun things about moving to Gilbert is being closer to our Blake cousins. Though they are older than my kids, they're learning to play well together. We had them sleep over so their parents could celebrate their anniversary and it was a lot of fun. The kids didn't have suits so I let them swim in their clothes. We had waffles for dinner and stayed up way too late. Isn't that what you're supposed to do at sleepovers?
Brooke has a little crush on Ezra. He really is so handsome.

Ezra clearing the side of the pool.

Ty trying to be like Ezra.

Aubree told me I was "the best" for letting them swim in clothes.
So easy to please.
Brooke after her lips turned blue and she couldn't stop shivering.

Dylan is obsessed with catching Rosie every time he comes over.
Mission accomplished.

Other fun things we did this week were:

Espee Splash Park Sea Life Aquarium swim with friends skinny dipping in the back yard pool (just the kids, promise) watch Pete's Dragon a million times (Ty's new fave) carousel rides and Auntie Annes pretzels at the mall ate popsicles, lot and lots of popsicles family dance party

Summer is finally fun!

4 comments:

Kimberly said...

I love that expression. It looks like she just took her hand out of the beans and she just can't believe what she saw or felt. WOW!

I love the red necklace on Brooke in the pool. Classic!

Nancy Pitney said...

Brooke is taking a line from Frank on Everybody Loves Raymond--"HOLY CRAP!" Glad you found your groove! Happy Summer!

Jessie Lewis said...

"I.Love. BEAAAAANS!"

Beka said...

fun fun! how'd you get them to sleep in an extra hour in the bright summer? no fair! keep posting all your fun activities to keep your kids busy- i need more ideas too:)