Sunday, June 06, 2010

New Ride

Trent's boss sold us his old Yukon over the weekend. I love having more space but I feel like I'm driving one of these. Parking is fun too. I guess I've been driving a small car for too long! I'll be honest, I grew up swearing that I'd never drive a minivan but I've totally changed my tune since dealing with car seats. But we got a smokin' deal on this vehicle and I think Trent was relieved to avoid the minivan for a few more years.

I'm going to avoid mass public gathering places such as Walmart for a few days until I get a better feel for her. We haven't named her yet, but it looks like a car Jack Bauer would steal to get the job done.

And yes, I name all my cars. Feel free to contribute suggestions.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

We're the same way: no minivan and we name all our cars. We just got our newish Armada that we've name the Black Knight... I think two word names sound best when it comes to cars. My car at NAU was the best, Champagn Sally.

Nancy Pitney said...

I'm thinking Cornelius would be funny (get it--Yukon Cornelius from Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer?) But you said it was a girl, so I don't know what the girl equivalent is. What color is it? Congrats on your new car! Don't worry about the parking--you'll pick it up in no time!

Jamie said...

Yeah, I'm glad this worked out. I love Yukon's and I assure you it will feel like you are driving a small car in a few months. It's weird how you'll adjust. Enjoy her! Ask Ty what the cars name should be. I'm sure you'll get a winner. :)