I am so relieved this week is coming to a close. We have loved having Trent's niece stay with us for the week and we had some fun activities planned while she was here. But poor Ty hasn't found his summer groove yet. I am emotionally exhausted from trying to help him figure out a routine that clicks, and my heart has broken a few times watching his friends and cousins not want to be around him. It's true - he pokes, doesn't share well, yells, and doesn't really observe the personal space rule. I'm not saying he's an easy kid to play with, especially when he's overstimulated, but it's hard to witness nonetheless. So until I can grow back my thick skin, I think we'll be hiding out at home. Our pediatrician talked to me about this phase at Ty's 3 year check up. He has a delayed son and related his wife's experience - that the 3/4 year old years were the hardest for her. Ty is a ginormous 3 year old and people continue to expect more from him and assume that he should be able to do more that he is capable of. I'm still working on the art of being graceful when handling his outbursts. He is such a sweet boy and I only wish the rest of the world could see him the way I do.
Here's a few of our Hannah highlights:
Friday, June 04, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












3 comments:
Hang in there! And know that Ty is LOVED by us!
You know, my son acts exactly like that lately. He will hit to get attention, yells, and never wants to share. When we send him to time out in his room he runs in there, yells really loud, "I don't like you mama!" then slams the door and locks it. It is really frustrating and I try to not let it get to me, but sometimes it really hurts. I know he is only 3 and I usually retaliate by saying, "Well, I LOVE you!" but it is not always easy. I have realized that so far all my kids are very difficult from ages 18 months to about 4, 2's and 3's being the worst. Maybe that will help you feel better, maybe not, but at this point I feel the same way you do. I would rather stay home and hide out. My almost 2 year old is so stubborn and we struggle on a daily basis with her. Anyways thanks for always sharing your feelings. You always inspire me to be a better mom.
Clara has NO sense of other's personal space. I bet she'd give Ty a run for his money in that area. She just think everyone loves her so much and they love her face two inches from theirs. I hope next week is a little more low key for you guys.
Post a Comment