Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Highlights (and one lowlight)

As the bus approached our house to bring Ty home on Thursday, I thought something looked kind of fishy. Or should I say hoppy? He donned the ears and hopped around quite often over the weekend.
Easter morn bedhead. Both kids had some new church clothes lying on top of their baskets. Ty tossed his new white shirt in disgust and looked for the real goods. He's lucky the Easter Bunny brought a few more animals for his collection and a Noah's Ark floor puzzle or he would have been thoroughly disgusted. When did this kid get so opinionated? And why do my kids look like orphans in all of these pictures?
Ty's bedhead. When I told him the Easter Bunny came and left some eggs for him he repeated me as excitedly as he could..."Eee Buh Ca!" Exactly. Brooke found 2 eggs - when the second one broke open and candy spilled out she couldn't resist plopping down and partaking of the goods immediately.
We cleaned up for Easter lunch at my sisters house and didn't get a single family picture. Ty partook of the fruit punch and candy freely. And that's about it. Made for a fun bedtime. And he'll have a belly ache tomorrow. Holidays are such a double edge sword at our house.
This picture is not to show off my need to rejoin the gym, nor my sisters cow print apron - circa 1990. Notice a child half submerged in the pool? That'd be my kid. Stitches and all. Good thing we're starting swimming lessons in two weeks.
Thursday we had a little carnage at our home with a decent amount of blood. Brooke, my budding daredevil, climbed to the very top of the piano and knocked over a decorative glass jar. She came tumbling down with it and glass shards went every which way. She walked away unscathed while two giant pieces landed in Ty's foot as he sat by innocently 5 feet from the scene of the crime. He had just been pouting before the melee so when I first heard him cry I didn't realize he had been hit. I saw lots of blood and assumed Brooke had been hurt. As I was giving Brooke a once over and trying to get her to calm down I heard Ty say, "Ow, huwt mom." I scooped him up and took him to the kitchen sink. The blood didn't freak me out nearly as much as the skin hanging off the tip of his big toe. So I wrapped a dishcloth around his foot, loaded everyone into the car and called Trent for backup. Next, I called my mom and asked her to come to the house and clean up the blood and glass. She's awesome. I'm not conveniently around the corner anymore so I really appreciated her help. I still don't have any go to people in this neighborhood and incidents like this remind me why it's important to establish good relationships in your neighborhood.

I digress.

Trent bravely put 6 stitches in his own son's flesh. It probably nearly broke his heart to hear Ty whimper, "No more poke, daddy" as he was numbing the area. Thankfully, Ty forgave his mean daddy as soon as the ordeal was over. Now Ty parades around telling everyone he has a "hurt, ow" and pointing to his foot. Such a typical boy, proud of his scars.

I'm crossing my fingers that this upcoming week is very boring with nothing exciting to report.

1 comment:

mad white woman said...

That is one cute bunny! It makes me laugh to see Ty in the pool, probably because I can totally see Clara doing the same thing. Ouch about the foot. I might have passed out.