Wednesday, April 21, 2010

New Addiction

Last August I flew to New York to spend a few days with one of my favorite friends in Connecticut. Thankfully the angry policeman with short man's syndrome didn't arrest us when she got pulled over for not having cash at the toll booth. He didn't seem to care that every seat in the mini-van was occupied with a child except for mine and hers. I digress.

While I was there she introduced me to a few tasty treasures. And showed me around the posh neighborhoods of the rich and famous. But back to the food...she had a little container of Whole Foods natural peanut butter stashed in her refrigerator, hiding where no child or husband could find it and sneak a taste. "Could it possibly be good enough to warrant it's own hiding spot," I skeptically asked myself. Then I tasted it - she was gracious enough to share a morsel with me.

It's that good.

I've spent moments here and there craving that peanut butter, but never gone out of my way to buy some. But it has always lingered at the back of my brain.

Yesterday I stopped by the Whole Foods store in Tempe to research some gluten free foods. I got my few items, began to check out, and then it dawned on me that I should get some of this heavenly peanut butter since I was finally at the store. I sweetly asked the cashier if I could run and get one more thing and when I mentioned the honey roasted peanut butter her eyes widened with understanding and she offered to get it for me, talking about her favorite ways to ingest it as she walked away.

It's that good.

But don't come here to try it, get your own.

Just Kidding.

Kind of.

4 comments:

Christie said...

You know I will be there tommorrow to eat it!!!

mad white woman said...

I love natural nut butters. I bought some Almond butter a few months ago and haven't opened it because I'm afraid it will be gone too fast and then I won't get anymore. :)

Sonja said...

I actually had a dream last night that I went and bought some!

Nancy Pitney said...

So do you actually have to like peanut butter to enjoy this stuff? (I'm not a huge peanut butter fan). By the way, how is Fountainhead going? You're much more ambitious than I am. Bridgett's been trying to get me to read Atlas Shrugged for years and the 1000 pages just turns me off every time!