The leprechaun that visited our home today left us green trees instead of green treats. We started our morning bright and early planting citrus trees in our back yard. One lone tree stood when we moved in and we aren't sure what it is yet. We planted a sweet orange, navel orange and lemon tree (pictured below) to make our own tiny little orchard on one side of the yard. The kids had fun "helping" daddy shovel the dirt and tracking mud into the house. I didn't even mind, I am so stinkin excited about these trees!
Unfortunately I think the leprechaun also left us a case of the grumpies. Today we ventured to our new ward's park date and we didn't even last an hour. I think Ty was simply overwhelmed with the number of kids, none of which he knows yet. After he shoved and hit a few wide eyed children I decided it was time to go. I was a little sad since I was hoping to make a few friends and get to know the ladies in the neighborhood, but we'll try again another day. I may have cried just a little on the ride home. I feel like I have to explain Ty's challenges to everyone so they don't judge him (or our parenting) and I'm sure we left a lovely impression with several of the moms. He is such a sweet boy and I know he'll calm down once he feels familiar with all these new faces.
I turned him loose in the backyard for a play date with mom.Much better.
I love this kid. Even on his hard days.
After lunch we had a little jello jiggler texture therapy.










4 comments:
Can't wait to see these cuties next week!
We got the same three types of trees last year... and killed our az sweet within six months. Sad face. Good luck with yours!
You're a fun mom Ms. Rachel. I thought of all sorts of fun green things we could do today and I didn't even so much as wear green. LAAAAME.
I'm so jealous of your citrus trees!! You will LOVE it when they start producing!! Looks like you guys had a GREAT St. Paddy's Day, minus the green beer! Maybe you indulged after the kiddos hit the sack? Haha!
Your kids are gorgeous. What a fun day!
Post a Comment