Monday, March 29, 2010

The Return of Roxie and more

I received Roxie as a mothers day gift shortly after Ty was born - a beautiful pink beach cruiser. I've put maybe 10 miles on her in the last 3 years. It was just inconvenient to get her in and out of the storage closet and I was afraid she'd be stolen if I left her on the patio of the condo.

But Saturday, Roxie made her grand debut...for the 2nd time. We invested in a Wee rider so Brooke can accompany me on joy rides around the neighborhood while Ty is at school. I gave up my gym membership when we moved so I am very excited to have a fun way to exercise in the mornings.

Here we are trying it out. Ty was determined to have the first ride. I don't know if it was actually designed for a 40 lb kid, but we made it work. And the extra weight was a great work out for me. He loved it and insisted on several turns before we parked the bike for the day. Now I'm trying to get motivated to make this cute little basket to adorn my lovely ride.
Brooke was equally as amused. She is easier to navigate with and I can't wait to take her out again. If only Ty could figure out the pedals on his darn tricycle so we could all go out together! Next we will need to get a bike for Trent to make us all mobile. He is in no apparent hurry for this to happen.

For family night last week we embraced the perks of having pergo flooring upstairs. Because sweeping multiple times a day and having every last crumb and spill evident on the dark surface does not qualify as a perk.

After bowling, Ty got out his doctors kit from Grammy Blake and gave everyone an exam, complete with kissing our "owies" to make them feel better.

Coming next: Chickens v. HOA. The HOA always prevails. Sigh.

4 comments:

or mom said...

Looks like everyone is having so much fun! Love the pix of Ty on the bike.

Jamie said...

I'm curious about the wee ride. Do you like it up front? Let me know what you think of it.
Good luck with the HOA.
If you want some eggs I can help you out in that department.

Alison said...

Love the bike!

Summer said...

Just be grateful you don't have blue church carpet in your kitchen!! Spills (especially liquid) are a million times worse!