Tonight when we knelt down and beckoned him to join us for prayer, he froze in his tracks (standing on the couch) folded his arms and with his eyes wide open he blazed through his version of prayers in about 5 seconds. Then he merrily bounced on the couch a little more. It went a little like this...
beh Bwoo
beh mom
beh dah
beh Ty
Jess
Amen
Though we prompted him to join us for another prayer with a little more reverence, we were both pretty impressed with his efforts. We've come a long way from the time he would perch on our backs and use us as diving platforms during family prayers.
Tomorrow Brooke turns 1! I can't believe it. As I rocked her for a few minutes this evening I marveled at how quickly the year has passed. I vividly remember rocking Ty one year ago shorty before we left for the hospital for my induction. I was overwhelmed with emotion as I thought about how I could possibly love another baby as much as I loved him. But now I understand how adding children to our home has only increased our capacity to love. I'll post birthday pictures of Ms. B and Trent in a few days.
In the meantime, here are a few random pictures from the last few weeks.
I thought he was being studious. Shortly after taking this picture, I discovered a few pages of scripture on the floor. I guess Ty is a fan of Alma. Or not.
We broke out the holiday wear this week. I love getting her dressed up.Brooke, however, does not enjoy bows. Or tights. Or shoes for that matter.
Matching snowman pj's. This picture is very much my reality.Ty is a little crazy, consequently Brooke is amused.
Daddy snuggling with Ty while watching the Madagascar Christmas special. Did you see it? I thought it was very entertaining. I found this robe on clearance last year and got it for the Polar Express. We've decided to postpone that outing until next year (we are traveled out) but I love the robe.






4 comments:
Cute pics. I got your message. Life has been crazy! We had friends stay here for a week and now we leave for over a week for Thanksgiving. I will call you when we get back. I'd love to have you come up and visit for a day. Would that work?
WOW! 1 already, i cant believe it!! Happy Birthday to Brooke! So many cute pics!!
Happy First Birthday, Miss Brooke!!! They are growing & changing so fast. Thank you for posting. Ty looks more like a little boy rather than a baby and Brooke is just adorable.
Happy Birthday Brooke...in my mind she'll be just a wee baby until we get to see her again!
Post a Comment