Both the kids had well child exams last week. Typical results:
Miss Brooke
Height: 25.75 in/95%
Weight: 14 lbs 10 oz/75%
Sir Ty
Height: 36.5 in/95%
Weight: 33lbs 6 oz/95%
We plugged his stats into a height predictor to see how tall he'll be as an adult.
It estimated that he'll be 6'2". Check back in 20 years to see how accurate it is.
Height: 25.75 in/95%
Weight: 14 lbs 10 oz/75%
Sir Ty
Height: 36.5 in/95%
Weight: 33lbs 6 oz/95%
We plugged his stats into a height predictor to see how tall he'll be as an adult.
It estimated that he'll be 6'2". Check back in 20 years to see how accurate it is.
Miss B's personality has arrived. In the last week she found her voice and uses it at every possible opportunity. Just today she gave a lovely oration to the cute newlyweds sitting in the row behind us at church. Another social butterfly in the family. She giggles frequently, continues to be amused by her brother, and is FINALLY eating and pooping regularly. Now if we can just get her to sleep...
Ty has not had any earth-shattering improvement in speech since his tubes, but it is obvious he can hear better. He's such an energetic kid and keeps me on my toes! Thankfully he has adjusted to nursery at church and no one has brought him to us in over a month.
Here are some pictures from St. Patty's day:
(Mint oreo truffles)
In other family news, Trent's patient load has slowly started to increase. He's still got room for more, but we're grateful that he's been staying busy. On the flip side of that, he often needs to stay late to finish paperwork and is super courteous to his patients by returning calls and completing labs in a timely manner. His fantastic work ethic means we don't see him as much as we would like to during the week. But isn't that how life goes? Now we really look forward to the weekends when we get him all to ourselves.
As for me, some days I feel like I'm barely hanging on to my sanity. Lack of sleep will do that to you. I've been a bit of a recluse, but Brooke is on the verge of sleeping through the night and now that we seem to have overcome our two month run of colds, ear infections and viruses, perhaps I'll get a little rest. Perhaps. That being said, I sure love being home with my munchkins!
As for me, some days I feel like I'm barely hanging on to my sanity. Lack of sleep will do that to you. I've been a bit of a recluse, but Brooke is on the verge of sleeping through the night and now that we seem to have overcome our two month run of colds, ear infections and viruses, perhaps I'll get a little rest. Perhaps. That being said, I sure love being home with my munchkins!





8 comments:
Brooke is so cute and Ty is so big! I understand about the non-stop cycle of sicknesses, I think we spent all of March being sick. Hopefully April will be full of healthy kids for us all.
Ooh, I love naked babies!
Let me know if you guys figure out the sleeping-through-the-night thing.
OOO...I want the recipe for your mint oreo truffles! Sounds DELICIOUS!
i got to enjoy Brooke's sweet smiles yesterday at church too! She's SO adorable and such a happy little thing!
naked babies are the cutest! ty and brooke are so sweet! and the truffles do look oh so delicioso. maybe you could put the recipe on your other blog if you haven't already?
What a cute family! i like the posts where you just share what your everyday activities are. Sorry to hear about your sleep deprevation. I know what you mean, but since i only have one, i can sleep when he does!
Hey Trent: Thanks for wearing the tie, it meant a-lot to me! You are a great friend!
Those cars bring back lots of memories! Jacob was hooked on them for about a year, until he discovered Superheroes. Poor McQueen!
Post a Comment