Monday, March 16, 2009

Spring Break

Spring Break doesn't quite mean the same this year. Last year, and every year prior, Trent and I had a true break from school and work. But the same rules don't apply when you're a full time mom with kids who are not school age. Eventually I'm sure it will reclaim its value, when the kids are older and Trent takes time off so we can vacation together.

However, last week was Spring Break for my sister and her kids. This turned out to be a mini vacation for the kids and I. I drove out to her house nearly every day so we could borrow her backyard, complete with trampoline, and monopolize the cousins free babysitting services. It was especially nice of Nichol to let us barge in on her duty free week since she is packing up her house to move into her new home. Soon we'll be borrowing her backyard, complete with swimming pool!

Saturday, we met up with them for lunch at Joe's BBQ on our way to the Ostrich Festival. We lingered on the patio as we stuffed ourselves silly and enjoyed our time together in this fabulous weather. By the time we left, the cousins had worn Ty out enough that we decided to forgo the festival this year. I was a little bummed, but our purpose (exhausting the bubba) had already been served. Next year!
Ty and Marshall.

Sweet Savannah

Brooke and Sydney.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

OK Rachel - Nichol Dowell is your sister? Is that what you're telling me?

Crystal said...

Yes, I know her! I'm in her ward. I meant to ask her on Sunday how she knew you- after you guys sang together!