Monday, March 02, 2009

Surprise Trip to Oregon

First of all, thanks for all of the well wishes for Ty via blog comments, emails and even phone calls. I am resourceful enough to figure out how to help Ty on my own if necessary and I appreciate your confidence in me! (Warm Fuzzies) The "stimulus" plan may reinstate some services from the state but I'm not holding my breath. I realize everyone is taking a hit somehow in this economy and I wish everyone the best in their own circumstances.

Last weekend Trent was scheduled to fly to Oregon to attend his younger sisters sealing. My parents were very generous and bought me a ticket so I could go with him. We decided to surprise everyone and didn't tell the family that Brooke and I were coming. The kids had been so sickly in February that I really didn't know if I was going to be able to come anyway. I just love a good surprise!

The sealing was beautiful and Autumn was radiant. It was great to spend some time with Trent's family and enjoy the cooler, though somewhat gloomy weather in Oregon. We had a grand time staying with Ben and Christie and played games for several hours. We also gorged ourselves at the local restaurants and had the best chocolate eclair and some other decadent chocolate creation(the name escapes me right now) at the Beaverton Bakery. Yum.

Ty stayed with my sister, who graciously offered to relive her days as mother of a toddler. I don't think he even noticed we were gone. Between his 24 hour access to a trampoline, cousins that dote on him, and a slew of toys and DVD's, he was in heaven. But it was cute to see his reaction when we brought him home and he rediscovered his own things. (Please don't call my sister today, she's most likely recuperating from the weekend.) :)

Here is our weekend in pictures.
Alvin, little Chloe, and Autumn
They are such a beautiful family!

The Blake siblings (minus Alex)

Aren't we quite the pair? I think so too.
I loved wearing a scarf all day. So glamorous.
My cute accessories compliments of my rockin' SIL Christie.

Seriously, isn't she beautiful? Alvin totally scored.

Brooke getting a good dose of Grammy lovin'.

Cousins: Chloe and Brooke.
I hope they're good friends when they're older.

I posted this one for me.
Maybe he'll actually smile for the camera when he gets his braces off. Doubt it.
But he's still so handsome anyway.

3 comments:

mad white woman said...

How beautiful. I love how she looks illuminated in the sibling picture. What a fun surprise.

Nikki said...

How fun for you, I love the whole scarf thing too. It would be fun to have a different one for everyday, but it is never cold enough dangit.

Nina Jones said...

Please Let Autumn know we are thrilled for her what a GREAT blessing for the family but especially to her mother:)