Thursday, September 18, 2008

Trent Blake, PA-C

As exciting as graduation was for Trent, the real moment of truth came this month. One week ago he took his boards and we have been holding our breath. This morning he got his results and HE PASSED! He is officially a certified Physician Assistant and the moment his license is approved at the state level he is eligible to work. Many thanks to the friends and family who fasted and prayed with us this last week.

In the meantime, Trent has been Mr. Mom. Since he doesn't start work for a few weeks, we gave Claire a much deserved paid vacation and he has been running the household. I must admit that coming home to clean laundry and an emptied dishwasher is a treat. My honey-do list has received ample attention too. Such a good husband. By October 1st I guarantee he will be ready to plunge into his job. (He already is.) But Ty is certainly enjoying his quality time with daddy, along with the frequent pancake breakfasts and wrestling matches I am unable (and unwilling) to participate in.

We'll celebrate...just as soon as we have a paycheck to celebrate with. We are just so relieved that he has finally jumped through this final hoop.

8 comments:

The Parkers said...

Yay!! Way to go!!!

Christie said...

Congratulations!! I'm surprised you didn't say anything last night at apron night...that was definitely the most exciting news. We are so happy for you guys and hope you get to celebrate big.

Christie said...

Congratulations!!! Ben and I are so excited for him....and your family. Enjoy his time at home!

Heidi said...

YAY YAY YAY! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Cara Fish said...

Yea, yea, yea!!! So good for you! Somehow, I wasn't worried at ALL! I'm so excited for you!

The Arizona Blake Family said...

Congratulations!! We're so happy for you guys! Do you feel a like a weight has been lifted off your shoulders now?

Leah said...

So fun to see your family! Ty is such a cutie...and you're expecting, that is so exciting. Congrats to Trent on passing his test, what a great feeling to be done with school and finally get a paycheck. So glad you found our blog, we'll check on you guys soon.

Nina Jones said...

Congratulations Trent. We are so very proud of you both as a dedicated student but also as a wonderful father and loving husband... I am sure I taught you the most in the last 2 areas of your life... Just want you to know we sure do love you and are excited for your new job and to be making an income...