Our trip to San Diego was short and sweet, but so much fun. The change of weather was just what we all needed. Here are a few highlights from our weekend getaway.
Friday night we went to the Padres game. Trent's cousin Kim and her husband, Harrison, were nice enough to score some free tickets for us. Harrison works for the Padres and was in charge of Elvis night at the ball game. It was amusing and frightening to see so many older men dressed in skin tight jumpsuits and fake sideburns.

Ty sat still as long as we had popcorn available to shovel in his mouth. He loved it when the crowd started cheering and joined in every time. I was surprised he lasted clear until the 7th inning.
Saturday we hit the beach. We went to the cove at La Jolla and had a fun time even though it was overcast and the water was quite chilly. The temperature didn't deter Ty at all from sloshing about in the water.

There were several seals on the beach, though I didn't get a single picture of them.

I just love this picture.

Not the greatest pic, but the only one of the whole family at the beach.

Saturday night we met up with Kim and Harrison again to play Rock Band. I didn't think I'd love it as much as I did. Trent actually broke a sweat when he took a turn on the drums. My favorite was the vocals and the guitar. This game is addicting!
A carousel ride with daddy outside the San Diego Zoo. He wasn't sure whether he liked it or not.

Saturday afternoon (post nap) and Sunday morning we headed to Balboa Park thinking we'd go to one of the 13 museums. Ty had so much fun playing outside on the free stuff, we didn't even bother!

Trent made sure to coach Ty on proper pull up technique. Good thing Ty wore his muscle shirt. (He really is hanging on his own. Tough little guy!)

I would have loved to spend more time on the beach, but it's not as relaxing as it was pre-toddler days. It was great just to get away as a family, take in some cooler weather, and enjoy a change of scenery. Now we're back to the grind and Trent will have his nose stuck in books for the next 10 days while he crams for his boards. Wish him luck!
9 comments:
Oh my mouth is watering here. I'm so jealous. I wish I could go to San Diego. One of these days we need to do a girls trip there and lay out without having to chase a toddler around.... one day! I'm glad you had fun. :)
ya, its really depressing coming home from san diego to mesa, its so awesome there all the time! i'm glad you got away for a quick trip and ty seemed to do well! such a cutie--i just love the pic of him in his muscle shirt doing pull-ups what a stud!!
I can't believe how big Ty is getting! So glad you had a fun trip. Good luck with those boards!!!
I love San Diego vacations. They NEVER get old in my book.
Looks so fun and so REFRESHING! I can't wait until this heat is over and park weather is here!!
OH no, not my serger, my moms. But I am sure she didn't spend alot.
Looks like a great trip. I love that picture of your whole fam.
i still want to go to lunch, sorry I'm such a bad friend.
I wish we would have gone with you guys - looked like you had fun! Maybe next time - but at least we'll get to see you all in a few months. Tell Trent good luck with his exams!
It looks like you had a lot of fun! I'm glad you were able to get away. Ty is a cutie.
Great vacation, I'm sure - sounded great to me. :) The weather here is nice, luckily, I don't feel the need to "escape" - YET. Good luck Trent on your boards!
Post a Comment