Some of Ty's latest quirks include the following:
Ty's Current Cuisine
picky, picky picky
He's always game for some green beans, thought they must be the canned variety
mandarin oranges are another favorite
raisins - but they must be inhaled 5 or more at a time
pancakes with syrup. Ok, anything with syrup
mac n' cheese, or as Trent calls it, yellow death. ew
mini marshmallows
apples n' cinnamon oatmeal
But truly, if we allowed it, he would partake in a liquid only diet consisting simply of water, milk, apple juice, and sips of grandpa's diet coke.
*Disclaimer - I don't indulge him in all of these processed foods, they are simply his preferences. Perhaps this is why he is starting to thin out. Perhaps I should be grateful he does not share his mothers love of food.
Ty's Media Must-Haves
Backyardigans...still
Nemo
Nemo
Nemo...
with a rare willingness to watch Ratatouille and portions of Jungle Book and the Incredibles
I, for one, am Nemo'd out. I can't even say the word without the expectation of it being shown. Yep, we're already spelling things out to each other to avoid tantrums. Among that list are N-E-M-O, M-I-L-K, O-U-T-S-I-D-E and B-A-T-H
Ty's Preferred Playthings
He's taken an interest in some of his baby toys that never seemed to amuse him in the past.
Books. Doesn't really want to be read to, just wants to study - intently study books of his choosing.
Balls. Any size or color, deflated or inflated, bouncy or cloth. He is no respecter of balls.
Anything in my pantry. He loves to transfer the bottom shelf of canned goods into stacks on the family room floor. He likes stacking, lining things up, and organizing in general. OCD?
And here is a picture of me in all of my pregnant glory for the 2 people that asked to see the belly. (I'd prefer that you think of me the way I looked in early 2003, pre foot surgeries, when I was able (and willing) to run 3-5 miles regularly, when I fit into single digit clothes without force and ...well, I'll quit reminiscing now.) The good news...I've only put on 15 lbs with this chica and I'm still sneaking a few non-maternity tops into my wardrobe now and then. As much as I want to be induced again (I like having a plan, no surprises for me!), I don't know if she'll warrant the induction like Ty did. Hopefully we'll know more after next weeks appointment. Only 8 weeks left!





11 comments:
Hey, you look great!! And so fun to read about your sweet 18 month old. Fun to see the similarities and unique differences in kids about that age (I guess Syd's almost a year older than Ty, but still, close to the same age). Our baby has already dropped. From the doctor's response, "Wow, I'm impressed" with just HOW far down he was, and the measurements, they say we're nearly 2 weeks ahead of schedule. Woo-hoo! We'll see. Maybe we'll have a Halloween baby?? Or shortly there after.. :)
I think you look GREAT, seriously!
I don't think I can make it to the party because of my husband flying in. He is hoping to get an earlier flight.
We should get together though. I mean it.
Have you tried Portrait Innovations? They take about 60 shots and they are 9.99 for about 80 pictures of the same pose. I do it, always turns out good. Of course I give in and buy another sheet of one different pose.
He is such a cute boy.
only 15 lbs so far! that's fabulous. You look great, and I'm sure you will continue to! I can't wait to see little girl. Let's plan a playdate w/ you, me and courtney soon!!
I love your hair long. You really do look great pregnant! Congrats on only 15lbs! I can't believe you only have 8 weeks left!!!
Ty is so cute! His eating is normal for this age until he's 4. I bet you could sneak some other nutrition in him through liquids like smoothies too! My friend's daughter was super picky too and she always attempted to have the meals with the family with the babe having the same choices on her plate. For snacks she got smoothies that were full of nutritious such as: any berries, wheat germ, cottage cheese, etc, but not all the at the same time. Anyway, this may help broaden Ty's nutritional intake while him getting his desired liquids. Good luck!
PS. About the recipe, scald milk by putting in a pan over med high/high heat and let it get kinda burnt on the bottom so that when you stir the milk in the pan, it scraps off the bottom.
Also, the book is the Williams and Sonoma Baking book link http://www.amazon.com/Essentials-Baking-Techniques-Successful-Williams-Sonoma/dp/
This is listed through amazon but I've even seen it at Ross once and bought it for my SIL for Christmas because she used to drool over the pics at my house.
Yay for Nursery! Oh, and I don't think we can be friends anymore if you've only gained 15 lbs.
Whew! This pregnancy has flown by! You look great pregnant by the way! And your little one is adorable. He looks so much older than 18 months!
Wow you look great. How do you stay so thin while pregnant. You must share your secrets. Ty is so cute. Trey and Ty have a lot of things in common. I hope they'll be friends one day. Thanks for your message. Trey has been sick and therefore I have been busy and tired. I'll try calling you soon. :)
Your little guy is so dang cute!! You look great too!
Ppppsssssttt! Check my blog - you've been tagged!! :)
He is so cute, and you too lady! That will be me next year hopefully! Hope I look half as hot as you:)
love to feel and suck themtits
Post a Comment