
On a positive note, the nesting has continued. My parents came home from Utah this week bearing gifts of fresh Utah produce. Heaven! We got a box of peaches, pears, corn on the cob, squash, tomatoes and cucumbers. The pears were already ripe and there was no way we could eat them all before they'd go bad. My sister decided to make some pear butter and I followed suit. I was skeptical that I'd like it, but it is divine! I made a second batch last night and the whole house smelled like fall. I also tried my hand at honey wheat bread this week. I haven't baked bread in years. I must be turning into my mother, because indulging in a thick slice of homemade bread smeared in pear butter every day has brought me much joy.
I made this ruffle apron out of scraps after cutting out some other projects this week. It didn't have a home awaiting it, so I threw it in with the other Bunko prizes at last nights festivities. Notice the bulging belly. I forget that it's so big until I park too close to the pole by our reserved spot and can't get out. (I even attempted to "suck in", but to no avail.) I also ruined a shirt cleaning because I got bleach on the underside of the belly - but didn't discover it until the end of the day when I was undressing. Sheesh...you'd think I'd learn.





14 comments:
So sorry to hear about your storage unit getting broken into...Ben's reaction was "can't they sue the management"..nice. We left our garage open while we were camping last weekend and yeah nothing was stolen. We must have a pretty honest apartment complex. Still sorry about Trent's childhood things.
We went and picked peaches, I am attempting to make jam. We will see :)
Was the storage unit the one at your condo or was it a Public Storage type place? Ty immediately asked, "Is the company liable?" Not that they can replace the priceless items that were lost...I am so sososososo sorry for your loss, that just breaks my heart. You seem to turning lemons into lemonade though (or should I say, pears into pear butter?) which is amazing.
What a bummer! Matt's car was broken into awhile back, and it is such a violating feeling when you're robbed. No fun. Okay - you are super mom! I want to be like you when I grow up! How do you do it all? Baking bread and making pear butter, sewing cute aprons...plus being a great mom who makes up games for her little tyke...honestly - how do you do it all? You amaze me Rachel!
I am so sorry to hear about that. What an awful feeling. I am so nostalgic that it would kill me to lose such memorable stuff.
I DID NOT go to the get together.
I am a baby and want to pick and choose who has to see my fat A!!!!
Well honestly Paul had a bunch of stuff to do to get ready for the next day and we were busy and I don't know that I got dressed that day. I am SAD I didn't see Steph though.
Let me know, and we'll hit up cafe rio or something. Seriously I am always up for lunch, so just text me or something and I'm there (as long as I am dressed).
I am SO sorry about the stealing of Trents stuff and of course the SACRED camping items... I sure do know how that feels just makes you feel so SAD when someone takes things from you that are NOT theirs... How are you feeling Rach you look GREAT... WE send our love to you all can't wait for the new baby Girl to arrive...
I am soooo sorry about the break in! What a drag to have all those things from his childhood gone. I am sorry Trent. And all the camping gear, that stuff aint cheap. Geesh, what's wrong with people, seriously!
Oh and Alec is totally picky too. He doesn't eat dinner ever. it's so hard. He'll grow out of it....or not cause Kaden is almost 6 and is still as picky as ever! There's always one in the family. Hopefully your girl will be as easy as pie with food.
Are you kidding me? That is so sad (and pathetic). Thank goodness for pear butter (never heard of it...) to make the day a little happier.
Sorry about the storage unit, and I totally feel your pain on the belly thing right now. I have to wear an apron all the time in the house now just to keep the underside of my shirt clean. I also knocked over Tate with my big fat belly yesterday. He thought it was hilarious.
I'm so sorry to hear about the theft! On a happy note, your apron is adorable and the growing belly is so cute! Love you girl. :)
You girls are all so close to being due how fun! and your little boy is so far from little, man he looks so old. I thought of you guys right away when Jon found out about dental school. I guess Midwestern really likes to play that game. But we are super excited. Congrats to all your fun new news trent's job and the baby. I really miss all you girls over in Mesa.
You are so cute!! I am dying for a slice of fresh bread with homemade PEAR BUTTER! I bet it is delicious. :) My mom made pear jelly years ago - that was wonderful too. Cute apron - probably my favorite so far. :) You are one good homemaker!! Bet you're happy to finally have the full-time job of it soon, huh?
PS - Sorry about the storage unit incident. A couple just moved here for school and put ALL THEY OWNED in a storage unit. The next day, it totally burned down. They lost EVERYTHING. We're having a benefit dinner for them this weekend in the ward. I can't imagine... And of course no insurance covers items in a storage unit (unless you own a home I think - which they didn't)... I went and got rental insurance the day I heard the story. Stuff here can be insured. Still, it's memorabilia - that can't be replaced. Anyway, sorry...
I can't believe that about your storage unit! What a bummer. Sorry about that! I can't imagine. Was it right outside your place? Ty is so cute with the doll. He'll be a great big brother! Glad to hear you have your share of yummy produce! What a treat. We miss you guys! Congrats to Trent on the job too! Wahoo!!!!
Post a Comment