Trent was supposed to start work tomorrow (October 1st) but he's stuck at home for a bit longer. Although he's certified, the state hasn't mailed him his license yet and he won't be covered by malpractice insurance until he's got that lovely piece of paper. Until then, we hurry up and wait.
My hard drive crashed at work. Nearly 9 years worth of lesson plans, activities and documents disappeared instantly. The worst part for me was that I had already written a good chunk of my substitute lesson plans for my upcoming maternity leave. I get to start over again.
Ty has a cold and is a super grumpy. He's still cute, but a grouch. This picture sums it up pretty well.
On the bright side...
Baby Brooke is growing nicely. I recently bragged about my lack of substantial weight gain. After yesterday's appointment, I'd like to retract that statement now. I bloomed over the weekend. Seriously.
I love the month of October. Our wedding anniversary, start of the holiday season, and the hope of cooler weather. We scored a few Halloween costumes for Ty at Savers on Monday. The above pictured spiderman, and another one - but we'll save that for another day. $1.99 - just the right price. (Don't hate - Desperate times call for desperate cutbacks!)
I tried my friend Maren's recipe for spicy chicken spaghetti tonight and it was divine. Ty even ate it. Email me if you want the recipe and I'll forward it to you. I'm too lazy to type it.
We got a surprise package in the mail from Ben and Christie with an assortment of goodies. My favorite was the ginger-peach marmalade. Yummy. And who doesn't like a surprise package? It made my week.
Hooray for the happy things that always make the setbacks seem manageable!





9 comments:
I had no idea you are naming your little girl Brooke. I absolutely love that name!
What a mess with the computer crash. YIKES!
I feel so bad for you.
I love her name. Did you just decide, or did I miss it?
I think I need to hit savers, which did you go too?
I DO want that recipe. I need recipes. It has to be quick and easy. I am the worst cook.
Well, at least you have your husband around (sometimes that's bad I know).
Let me know when we can go to lunch. I'll be in Utah for the week.
sorry about the computer crashing, that is a bummer! the food WAS delish! thanks!
spicy chicken spaghetti sounds heavenly. I would definitely love that recipe. When I moved to TX it felt like it took forever for me to get my license, too. A little over a month actually. I hope it gets there quick for you guys and good luck with the lesson plans!
I'm sorry about the hard drive crashing. That REALLY stinks, I know. So sorry, too, that your baby is sick. Never easy, that one. Lastly, I feel your pain about the weight thing. I thought I was doing great, then the 3rd trimester hit and while it still is less than last time, I am catching up with the normal amount of poundage, and then some I bet. Wow, what we vain mothers go through!!
Sorry to hear about all the crummy things that have happened...I would have cried my eyes out if that happened to me with the hard drive. You can do it Rach, let me know if I can help in any way.
And is that recipe Ty friendly? It sounds delish. Maybe you can email it to me and I can see what I can do with it. Whenever you have a minute, no rush though. Good luck grading all those papers this week, I hope you get a break and can come to apron night.
Holy cow! That is a crazy week! I didn't know about Brooke either, but I LOVE it!
My computer crashed last year. Such a bummer. but call geek squad and they can get your info back. It costs around $150 i think. And can I get that yummy recipe? It's midnight and I want a snack...wish I was prego to justify it!
Hi Rachel! I thought I'd commented here on your blog a while ago, but hmmmm, maybe not. Glad you found us! Good to see what you are up to and I love your header picture. Super cute.
Post a Comment